[US/UK] Baraka

Grubert

Supervisor
Supervisor
Reacciones
Según releaselists y dvdempire, sale el 28 de octubre.

Para el que no lo sepa, es un "documental sin narración" dirigido por Ron Fricke, que fue el director de fotografía de Koyaanisqatsi. Está rodada en 70mm.

Re: Baraka

Gracias por ese "para el que no lo sepa" :ok :juas

Gran noticia, porque yo la he visto tres veces en 70mm (y la delicia de las seis pistas de sonido magnético) y el DVD no se puede aguantar ni treinta segundos. Ahora a esperar que el BD esté a la altura de la gloria original.

esto ya son palabras mayores.

es una gran experiencia audiovisual!

compra segura.

:hola

Amanecer, como acabo de poner también en el hilo de Ganges, en este tipo de webs suelen poner por defecto que son de Región A y luego pueden ser multiregión en muchos casos.
Para lo de las regiones es mejor mirar en esta otra web http://bluray.liesinc.net/ ya que se basa en comprobaciones de usuarios con los propios discos.

Ayer por la tarde estava viendo China Salvaje y me pregunté si estaría editada Baraka en USA. El notición de la semana Grubert :ok .

Re: [BD-A] Baraka

Portada:

bd1800-4b9pgaws6.jpeg

Escaneado a 8K = :babas

Re: [US] Baraka

Más información:
http://www.in70mm.com/news/2008/baraka/index.htm

Audiences would soon discover the film’s remarkable emotional power, making it one top-grossing international 70mm releases of its time. A 2001 DVD release featuring a new 16x9 transfer and digitally re-mastered 5.1 SurroundSound became one of the most popular and acclaimed discs in the format’s history. But as Fricke and Magidson began to explore the capabilities of new digital technology, they would soon seize the challenge to capture the film’s 70mm theatrical impact in the ultimate high definition DVD.

For the first time in history, a 65mm feature film camera negative would be mastered at 8192 pixels of resolution, creating a digital file in excess of an astounding 30 terabytes in size. This frame-by-frame scanning process – designed specifically for "Baraka" by FotoKem Laboratory – has produced a detailed HD image unlike any ever seen. “This is the best and most advanced technology available in the world today,” says DVD Restoration Producer Christopher Reyna. “We were able to repair damage that had occurred to the original negative during production in the Himalayas, in the jungles of Brazil, as well as in the lab over the years. The dynamic range, color saturation, sharpness and contrast ratio of "Baraka" in the home environment now far exceeds anything in the industry. Nothing comes close.”

For the home entertainment industry, "Baraka" represents a digital breakthrough that will change the way we watch DVDs. “Creating the new DVD master for "Baraka" was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity,” says FotoKem Vice President Andrew Oran. “It is arguably the highest quality Blu-ray DVD that has ever been made.” For the filmmakers, the 8K Ultra-Digital restoration now fulfills the promise of "Baraka" for an entire new generation to discover. “To be talking about a state of the art re-release of the film after so many years is remarkable,” says Mark Magidson. “"Baraka" has truly stood the test of time.”

Kris Deering (crítico de Blu-ray para Home Theater Magazine) ha adelantado:

I watched this a couple weeks ago and it looks fantastic. The 96/24 DTS-HD MA track is excellent as well. Subject matter varies in intensity and interest but overall I thought it was a great disc. Picture quality is reference quality though, big time.

jodeeeerrrrr qué ganas!!!

Es verdaderamente única. Aún recuerdo a Nacho A./Harmónica cuendo hablaba con melancolía recordando como una de sus mejores experiencias en una sala de cine viendo Baraka proyectada en 65mm...

Yo tambien la vi hace lustros en la ya desaparecida Sala Astoria de Palma, y me impactaron mucho sus imagenes.Y no olvidemos esa increible banda sonora que de vez en cuando sigo "pinchando", si alguien no la ha visto ahora sera el momento :ok

Mike Blueberry dijo:
Yo tambien la vi hace lustros en la ya desaparecida Sala Astoria de Palma, y me impactaron mucho sus imagenes.Y no olvidemos esa increible banda sonora que de vez en cuando sigo "pinchando", si alguien no la ha visto ahora sera el momento :ok

:ok

Ese sobrenatural "The Host of Seraphim" de Dead Can Dance acompañando a unas imágenes estremecedoras.

Con un efecto mucho más devastador que cuando suena al final de "The Mist".

Según walmart llevará estas especificaciones:

5.1 Uncompressed DTS HD Master Audio (96kHz/24-bit); 2.0 PCM Lossless; Fully restored in, state-of-the-art 70mm High Definition; Eco-friendly packaging; Featurettes: "'Baraka': A Closer Look", "'Baraka': Restoration", Behind The Scenes Featurette.

Second Sight have announced the UK Blu-ray Disc release of Baraka on 10th November 2008 priced at £19.99 RRP. Ron Fricke’s Baraka has been restored and re-mastered using the latest technology available to the filmmakers. Believed to be a first, the original negative was scanned frame by frame for 3 weeks at the maximum possible resolution of 8K rather than the standard 2K. Then the frame-by-frame restoration work began.

Features include:

* Soundtrack digitally restored and remixed in DTS-HD Master Audio 96/24 5.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1
* A new documentary ‘Baraka – A Closer Look’
* ’Restoration’ feature

The extras run 249mins. Region coding is TBC.
DVD Times

barakout.jpg

barakin.jpg

Looks amazing, dare i say as good as when i saw it in 70mm in London when it was released.
But the sound is stunning too, the new DTS-HD-MA 5.1 track is so rich and deep and beautiful
This is now my new demo disc
I can't see how this could look bette

destrizz dijo:
barakout.jpg

barakin.jpg

Looks amazing, dare i say as good as when i saw it in 70mm in London when it was released.
But the sound is stunning too, the new DTS-HD-MA 5.1 track is so rich and deep and beautiful
This is now my new demo disc
I can't see how this could look bette

Vaya cutrez la manera en que va metido el disco. ¿Está confirmado que es Región A?

Crítica de Roger Ebert

The restored 2008 Blu-ray DVD is the finest video disc I have ever viewed or ever imagined. It was made from the Todd-AO print, which was digitally restored to a perfection arguably superior to the original film. It is the first 8K resolution video ever made of a 65mm film, on the world's only scanner capable of it. It is comparable to what is perceptible to the human eye, the restorers say. "Baraka" by itself is sufficient reason to acquire a Blu-ray player.

:babas

Decir que la restauración se ve mejor que el celuloide original me parece mucho decir, aunque ya confirmaré, ya que ya tengo pedida la edición norteamericana.

Arriba Pie