The Thomas Crown Affair 2, por ¿McTiernan?

Re: The Thomas Crown Affair 2, de Paul Verhoeven.

Curioso proyecto que espero con interés...Además éste es uno de esos casos en el que el remake (Mctiernan) es directamente superior al original , la de Jewison la vi hace un par de años y exceptuando el principio es uno de los mayores bodrios del cine de los 60, por mucho empaque y la magnífica música de Legrand que contenga

Según la web de Pierce Brosnan el rodaje empezará... ¡el otoño de 2009! :mosqueo

Desde que se anunció a Verhoeven como director hasta que empiece el rodaje habrá pasado un año. Inaudito.

¿Pero la de Mctiernan estaba bien?¿Cómo de bien? Es que a mí la del Banderas me atufa...

Magnolia dijo:
¿Pero la de Mctiernan estaba bien?¿Cómo de bien? Es que a mí la del Banderas me atufa...

Si te sirve mi consejo la verdad es que la primera es de esas que tienen algún acierto (en el guión en la ejecución) sobre todo para el final (y aún y así) pero en global la peli es de aquellas que pasan sin pena ni gloria.

No te matará pero tampoco te aportará nada nuevo.

Es que a mi no me gustó mucho, la verdad.

Respuesta: The Thomas Crown Affair 2, de Paul Verhoeven.

Muy mala noticia, la verdad. Verhoeven era un director muy interesante para este proyecto.

Con la ilusión que me hacía... :mutriste

Menos mal, por Dios. Un tío tan personal haciendo una secuela/remake. Mira que lo hizo todo lo bien que pudo en El hombre sin sombra y ni con todo y con eso se llega.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=40871

John McTiernan Talks Thomas Crown 2. 'It’s really a lot of fun'

One of the unalloyed joys of Issue 300 of Empire – now available for purchase – is beleaguered director John McTiernan opening up his Wyoming ranch, and his memory banks, for an exclusive interview that spans everything from directorial landmarks like Die Hard and The Hunt For Red October to his herd of 'beefalo' and a close encounter with a rattlesnake. Within that heady mix also comes news that, while under lock and key in Yankton prison last year, he wrote a sequel to his 1999 heist flick The Thomas Crown Affair, entitled Thomas Crown And The Missing Lioness.

“Nebuchadnezzar had two lion statues commissioned in 1100BC: a male and a female,” explained McTiernan of the title’s provenance. “Alexander the Great took them when he conquered Persia. Mark Antony had them taken to Rome. Constantine moved them to Constantinople. And at some point the lioness went missing. The movie is about what happens when it turns up at an auction. By the way, it’s all bullshit; none of that ever happened.”

His original Thomas Crown Affair, of course, was a beautifully elegant caper that improved considerably on Norman Jewison’s 1968 original. It had Pierce Brosnan’s wealthy financier engaged in an elaborate game of cat-and-mouse with insurance investigator Rene Russo, style to burn and a central McGuffin, the priceless San Giorgio Maggiore At Dusk, painted by Claude Monet himself.

Whether "Mac Daddy", as he was known at Yankton, will reboot the cast or reignite that Bron’usso chemistry remains to be seen, but he’s keen to pull the trigger on the project. “It’s really a lot of fun,” he says, “and I hope I get the chance to make it.”

Arriba Pie