DOLBY VISION, HDR10+ e IMAX ENHANCED

Con más razón entonces para que DV se pueda ver en 10 bits :)

Como las películas UHD Dolby Vision son masterizadas a una profundidad de color de 12 bits, cualquier visualizador certificado Dolby ha de poder hacer downscaling de 12 a > 10 bits, por lo que se puede ver sin problemas. Y no olvidemos que siempre será “algo mejor esto” que los 10 bits en panel 10 bits por muy raro que parezca.

:ok

Entonces el oppo debería hacer ese downscaling.

El Oppo o la propia tele certificada Dolby, de hecho, tanto Panasonic como Oppo recomiendan configurar la salida de sus reproductores a 12 bits para cualquier tipo de HDR, o sea, que para HDR10, que es 10 bits, te recomiendan configurar la salida de sus reproductores a 12 bits.

Si alguien quiere ver Blade Runner 2049 con el mejor HDR, en iTunes ya la tenéis con Dolby Vision. Qué lujo!

286DE5AA-E6B4-4FDC-A681-68C1032B4E71.jpeg

Buenas noticias para desayunar. El problema Dolby Vision a través de fuentes HDMI podría haber sido fijado en los modelos 2017

LG OLED TVs Receive Dolby Vision Bug Fix. Or At Least Some Do...

In the latest installment of the current ‘problems with Dolby Vision’ saga (see links to relevant stories at the bottom of this article), there’s a bit of good news for once. Namely that LG has today rolled out new firmware to some of its OLED TVs that supposedly fixes the bug whereby Dolby Vision images played from external sources can suffer with sudden collapses in contrast.

I’m traveling at the moment and so haven’t had chance to double check the update myself; I’ll update this story later today or tomorrow once I have confirmed that it’s performing to expectation.

La nueva Star Wars saldrá en UHD con Dolby Visión. Sin embargo, por aquí solo la veremos en la lejanía con envidia sana porque no va a llegar...Que dolor que pena!

Joining the hopefully high quality visuals will be a Dolby Atmos soundtrack, adding height channels and ultra precise effects placement to the sort of sound stages you get with lesser, non-‘object based’ audio systems. Star Wars: The Last Jedi marks the first time Disney has delivered one of its films on 4K Blu-ray in both Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.

F7F69B6B-5A42-402F-BB45-22EF267B833A.jpeg

D0F2AC77-2B31-4BD5-B39F-1F81016FA4EA.jpeg

C429BF37-57F0-449D-AFA0-E2D0AB1C6206.jpeg

FUENTE

El parche para las OLED 2017 finalmente no ha sido todo lo eficaz que se espera

LG's OLED TV Dolby Vision 'Fix'... Doesn't Fix Everything

No obstante, para mí esto nunca ha sido un problema, ya que en la mayoría de títulos a excepción de Valerian, los cambios en el nivel de negro se limitan a una o dos escenas de 1 segundo. Por ejemplo, en Geostorm, solo he visto un cambio de 1 segundo en una escena de ascensor, todo lo demás en una maravilla lo bien que se ve

Pueblo, no os perdáis el vídeo de Teoh si estáis interesados en el problema Dolby Vision a través de HDMI en OLED LG 2017

Ya tenemos la nueva Star Wars en Dolby Vision.

REVIEW:

The Last Jedi is no slouch on Blu-ray, but this 2160p/Dolby Vision UHD release offers an increase, often substantial, in terms of both textural clarity and color depth and vibrancy. The film, shot on film, retains an inherently natural and beautiful grain structure, here a little more pronounced than that on the Blu-ray, but the end result is a substantial net increase in textural yield. The native 4K presentation is a sight to behold, with detail refinements abounding from beginning to end. Watching closely after the Blu-ray and making some direct scene comparisons reveal the UHD's superiority. The image is much more firm, substantially sharper, and more capable of reproducing and displaying details that are not so much lost on the Blu-ray but that are certainly lacking this level of effortless intimacy. There's a tangible depth to facial definition, costumes, and environments that the Blu-ray is incapable of revealing. Fine-point object detail on scars, hair, set piece weathering and intricate material detail, and costume density -- everything sees a generous increase in firmness and inherent complexity.

The 12-bit Dolby Vision color presentation is perhaps not quite the revelatory extreme as the transfer's textural wonders, but the increase in essential and nuanced coloring is a welcome add. The yellow "Star Wars" title card bears the first Dolby Vision fruits, beaming with increased brilliance against not a comparatively dull Blu-ray yellow but a yellow without the popping splendor Dolby provides. Natural greens on Ahch-To enjoy improved saturation. Reds are of greatly increased density, and the Dolby Vision allows for the color to boldly proclaim Johnson's vision for its symbolic use in the film. Skin tones take on a more refined, flattering coloring, presenting with increased natural definition and complimenting the enhanced detailing that comes with them. Stormtrooper whites are wonderfully brighter and more alive; white balance certainly seems to be, at this stage, amongst the most beneficial of the Dolby Vision improvements to any film. Black levels remain deep and true, whether dark star fields or black attire. This is the way to watch The Last Jedi. The disc boasts a significant increase in detail and filmic credentials while also taking full advantage of the increased color output under the Dolby Vision parameters. If for no other reason this disc is a must-buy for its reference UHD video presentation

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Star-Wars-Episode-VIII-The-Last-Jedi-4K-Blu-ray/193044/#Review

La pena es que todavía no podemos comparar las diferencias entre hdr10+ y DV.
No hay contenidos en disco físico, y los reproductores aun no han salido.
Además lo suyo seria que el mismo visualizador fuera compatible para hdr10+ y dolby visión, y que el reproductor permitiera elegir o uno, o el otro y entonces se podrían poner 2 teles, una al lado de la otra para comparar.
De momento solo amazon video en dispositivos Samsung está en hdr10+
Todo llegará

Queréis hilar tan fino que a un colorista le daría una embolia...disfrutar de la imagen y dejaros de comparaciones tan mínimas que realmente son marginales.

Yo creo que en estos asuntos (las aficiones) la opinión de un colorista es irrelevante. Simplemente salen nuevas tecnologías y los aficionados tenemos curiosidad por saber cual es mejor. Tan sencillo como eso.

Ya, el problema es la obsesión con la perfección. Si es una afición, lo mejor es simplemente disfrutar, de lo contrario esa afición se convierte en algo muy obsesivo, que más que ayudar, lo único que hace es provocar dudas eternas sobre si la imagen debe ser "así, asá o maracuyá".

Pero oye, que cada uno feliz con su perdiz, eh?. Yo ahí no me meto. Simplemente pienso que ser más papista que el papa...no lleva a nada bueno en ningún aspecto de la vida en general.

Me comentan que el firmware para nuestras oled 2016 que corrige el problema DV podría ser liberado próximamente
Ojalá sea así, supongo que la B6 se hará de rogar algo más de tiempo

Yo ya os lo confirmé el día 18, y hoy día 21 es el propio John Archer el que lo confirma desde su canal, y es que mi contacto / fuente en la industria americana es de total solvencia.

More good news has emerged today for owners of LG 2016 and 2017 OLED TVs.

During a conference on LG’s 2018 TVs in Madrid today, an LG spokesman has confirmed to me that LG has received a second profile update from Dolby that’s designed to resolve the remaining issues with playing Dolby Vision over HDMI.

As I reported in this previous article, Dolby admitted at the CES in January that there has been an issue with playing Dolby Vision sources over HDMI that finds black levels suddenly reducing dramatically with certain dark scenes and content.

Photo: Dolby
A second bug-fixing update from Dolby is due to arrive on LG OLED TVs soon.

Dolby has already issued an initial (display-based) fix for this that LG has in turn rolled out to its 2017 TVs. However, as explained here, that initial fix only achieved partial success. Some Dolby Vision titles over HDMI still suffered with the raised blacks issue.

Cue this second profile update from Dolby. LG has apparently already received this new profile, and has just started internal testing of it with its 2017 and 2016 models.

It can’t yet give a definite date for when this hopefully final Dolby Vision HDMI fix might roll out, but assuming that it’s not as heavy as the initial fix, my hope would be that it won’t take long. At least for 2017 models.

Owners of 2016 Dolby Vision LG OLED TVs may have to wait a little longer. But the LG representative I spoke with, who has been involved with all of the Dolby Vision issues and software updates to date, assured me that there is no doubt over whether the 2016 OLED TVs will actually receive the Dolby Vision fix. It is definitely going to happen.

Hopefully ALL Dolby Vision titles will soon be free of the raised Dolby Vision raised black levels bug.

What’s more, my understanding is that when this fix does roll out to 2016 models, it will now feature the latest profile that Dolby has just issued, rather than the ‘partial fix’ one initially rolled out to the 2017 models.

Naturally I’ll be sure to let you know on my Forbes channel as soon as the new Dolby profile update starts to roll out to LG’s 2017 and 2016 TVs.

In the mean time, it’s worth adding that according to my LG contact, the latest Dolby Vision profile will be installed on all LG’s 2018 Dolby Vision TVs from launch.

Lo dicho, el firm para las 2016 va a llegar...

LG OLED TV Dolby Vision Bug Update - A Final Fix Is On Its Way

Arriba Pie