UHD Blu-ray y HDR. Lanzamientos y ediciones

Me has dado una alegría, estoy probando ese programa y se está copiando una peli al disco duro, de momento funciona.
Jejej
¿Tienes lector de UHD BD en el PC?

¿Cuál?
Tengo una Asus BW-16D1HT
Es una grabadora y lectora para 3 capas.
Efectivamente, se ha metido al hdd, y tiene la estructura de un bd. Luego he accedido desde el oppo y se la ha comido con patatas, jejejeje.
He intentado rípear otra pero no me deja, solo una peli, ya hay que comprar el programa y va a ser que no. 200 pavos, estamos locos????
Ahora faltaría ver que programa serviría como quemador para crear un disco uhd.
Saludos

Última edición:
Con la app gratuita para un solo uso pude volcar la peli completa, no solo 10 minutos.
Eso sí se tiro desde las 23 horas hasta las 4 de la mañana.
Unos 66 gigas

A lo mejor quiere decir que deja ripear una y lo de los 10 minutos es reproducción desde disco directamente sin ripear.

Mola.

Fuera de tema, sigo sin poder acceder a nosolohd.com desde ningún navegador de mi pc, ni el de mi hermana.
Solo puedo acceder desde la tablet Android.
Podéis revisar, pues es más fácil postrar desde el PC, a veces la tablet se inventa palabras o las cambia jejeje
Saludos

Creo que se refiere más a que solo permite ver la peli 10 minutos. Pero vamos, es que me da igual. No uso eso ni harto vodka

Me has dado una alegría, estoy probando ese programa y se está copiando una peli al disco duro, de momento funciona.
Jejej
¿Tienes lector de UHD BD en el PC?

¿Cuál?
Tengo una Asus BW-16D1HT
Es una grabadora y lectora para 3 capas.
Efectivamente, se ha metido al hdd, y tiene la estructura de un bd. Luego he accedido desde el oppo y se la ha comido con patatas, jejejeje.
He intentado rípear otra pero no me deja, solo una peli, ya hay que comprar el programa y va a ser que no. 200 pavos, estamos locos????
Ahora faltaría ver que programa serviría como quemador para crear un disco uhd.
Saludos

Es que el oppo, es mucho OPPO

Más cosas:

REVIEWS DRACULA y PUENTE SOBRE EL RÍO KWAY

Bram Stoker's Dracula travels oceans of time to make its debut on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, featuring an HEVC encode framed in the film's original 1.85:1 aspect ratio. To my eyes and the best of my knowledge, this appears to be the same master as the Supreme Cinema Series Blu-ray with new HDR10 grading that includes a wider color space.

I've watched three Sony catalog titles on 4K Blu-ray in the last week -- Dracula, Bridge on the River Kwai, and Close Encounters of the Third Kind -- and I must say I'm absolutely fascinated by the results thus far. All three look better than ever, and Sony appears to have taken great care in achieving these results, but 4K Blu-ray and 4K HDR displays are much less forgiving with source material flaws than I expected. In short, due to various limitations in how older movies were photographed and produced (and stored), they don't really stand up next to, say, modern CGI animated or action films that are upscaled from 2K DIs.

I mention this to set expectations. Bram Stoker's Dracula is marvelously pretty and dripping with added detail and color in a presentation that easily bests the Blu-ray if you're looking closely, but 4K/HDR -- much like with bad CGI -- highlights flaws as much as reveals improvements. As such, the numerical score above represents how this specific title sits among 4K Blu-rays rather than how it compares to the previous Blu-ray.

For this review, I re-watched Dracula in 4K, occasionally pausing to rewatch a sequence on the Blu-ray and then again on the 4K Blu-ray. During this experience, I was struck by the subtle-but-important upgrades this version makes over the Blu-ray. Like the jump to the Supreme Cinema Series itself, this 4K Blu-ray is far more accurate and rids itself of digital artifacts, aliasing, and banding. Honestly, I didn't realize how many problems that previous Blu-ray had until finding this cleaner version.

Next, while the Blu-ray and 4K Blu offer similar amounts of sharpness during closeups, the 4K version offers more detail in wider shots or with background textures; glance past the actors at the castle walls where the 4K Blu-ray reveals stone and metal. The only downside to the added sharpness is how the 4K Blu-ray make it easier to see production techniques; as an example, during the battlefield sequence of Dracula's origin story, you can see breaks in the red walls behind the silhouettes. Also, at times when there's softness in any part of a shot, your eyes can't help but notice it (in a way you don't with film projection). Unfortunately, this does distract at times.

In terms of HDR10, the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray offers a little more color pop, but it's not as dramatic as some HDR10 vs. Blu-ray comparisons. Contrast is improved as well, with inky black levels and a hint of more detail in the highlights (though the improvement is less noticeable than modern transfers like Guardians Vol. 2). Film grain is heavier than the Blu-ray, but never distracting or noisy.

My biggest word of caution here comes down to your display type. As we discussed, HDR10 is limited by the way it uses static metadata to apply HDR grading to the whole movie, rather than adjusting the grading to a particular scene or shot. Because of this, if you don't have a brighter display (like the pricier Samsung models), you're going to lose some shadow detail compared to watching the SDR Blu-ray. In other words, check your calibration and/or you might have to tweak your gamma and other settings.

Overall, I'm impressed with how Bram Stoker's Dracula looks on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray in HDR10. It is filmmic and colorful and improves upon the most recent Blu-ray release in terms of detail and fixing some compression issues. That said, I can't say the results are dramatic or that most people would even notice them, especially with smaller displays or displays lacking in brightness capabilities. My advice: this 4K Blu-ray's for 65" or larger displays, or projection setups

FONTETE

The Bridge on the River Kwai debuts on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray featuring an HEVC encode framed in the film's original 2.55:1 aspect ratio. While the movie was restored in 4K for the 2011 Blu-ray, and the press materials for this 2017 release also mention a 4K restoration as well as a new HDR10 grading that includes a wider color space, it's unclear to me whether or not they're the same 4K restoration. If I were to guess, I'd I believe it is the same master with a new HDR grading, but I could be wrong.

As I mentioned in my 4K Blu-ray review of Bram Stoker's Dracula, I've watched three 4K Sony catalog titles in the last week -- Kwai, Dracula, and Close Encounters of the Third Kind -- and I must say I'm absolutely fascinated by the results thus far. All three look better than ever, and Sony appears to have taken great care in achieving these results, but 4K Blu-ray and 4K HDR displays are much less forgiving with source material flaws than the old HD/SDR days. In short, due to various limitations in how older movies were photographed and produced (and stored), they don't really stand up next to, say, modern CGI animated or action films, even those that are upscaled from 2K DIs.

As I did in the Dracula review, I mention this to set expectations. Kwai is, unfortunately, a film that experienced technical difficulties during production (a bad lens) and suffers from certain elements, notably the opening credits and any optical dissolves used for scene transitions, that don't hold up as well as the rest of the picture. As such, there are times where Kwai looks extra awful in 4K/HDR because, not only do you lose resolution during the flawed moments, but you also lose color. It's a bit like watching the extended cut of a movie where the theatrical elements were preserved and extended cut bits were lifted from a source that wasn't as clean as the original negative. There's no way around this, really.

On those terms, the numerical score above attempts to reflect how Kwai compares to other 4K Ultra HD Blu-rays, but it doesn't tell the whole story. Because if you take anything away from this video review, it's this:

Kwai has never looked better.

The overall presentation is marvelous and filmmic and trounces the 2011 Blu-ray in every single way. Film grain is more apparent but natural. Fine image detail, both in closeups and wider angled shots, is noticeably sharper; look at the wood siding of various huts, the soldiers' ragged uniforms, individual pores on the actors' faces. And the colors? That might be the most noticeable upgrade. In A to B comparisons, the Blu-ray looks washed out and flat and drab where the 4K Blu-ray produces bold green jungles and lush blue skies and warm sunburnt skin tones and vibrant crimson blood when characters are injured. It's striking and gorgeous.

In terms of the HDR10 grading, I didn't see much in the way of new details in the specular highlights, nor anything new hiding in the shadows. That said, black levels are about the same; meaning, they vary depending on that particular scene, producing deep black levels when there is actual night or dark interiors, and something more akin to grey and blue with day-for-night shots. Like other HDR10 sources, if you don't have a brighter HDR-capable panel, you might get some crushed shadows when comparing this disc to the SDR Blu-ray. In other words, check your calibration and/or you might have to tweak your gamma and other settings.

At the end of the day, Kwai is a fantastic experiment with a format like 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray. Flawed source materials have been dropped into an ecosystem that excels when the imagery is at its sharpest and highlights softness and other flaws.

Still, even with a few problems, this 4K Blu is THE BEST Kwai has ever looked. So forget the Blu-ray. Throw the DVD in the trash. Heck, I'm not sure if I've even seen a 35mm print this clean, detailed, or colorful (most were faded and scratched to hell). And, unlike Dracula and Close Encounters, you don't necessarily need the biggest display to see this version as an upgrade. Yes, it's always preferable to watch 4K on a 65" or larger display, but in this case, the sharpness and color will be visible at slightly smaller sizes. Either way, film purists and fans of this movie are gonna love it.

FONTETE

Y, por cierto:

My biggest word of caution here comes down to your display type. As we discussed, HDR10 is limited by the way it uses static metadata to apply HDR grading to the whole movie, rather than adjusting the grading to a particular scene or shot. Because of this, if you don't have a brighter display (like the pricier Samsung models), you're going to lose some shadow detail compared to watching the SDR Blu-ray. In other words, check your calibration and/or you might have to tweak your gamma and other settings

Esto para que nadie se queje de que lo ve oscuro leñe, que son las teles, no la codificación HDR10

:cura

Ronda yo tengo una pregunta.
Viendo un vídeo de los que ha subido el compi Leoni, donde muestra la configuración de su OLED para varios dispositivos me surge una duda.
Cuando la tele salta a hdr10, sube el contraste y la luz OLED al 100%, pero cuando cambia a dolby visión, la luz OLED no se sube al 100%. En cambio la tele puede mostrar todo su esplendor. Mi pregunta es porque hdr sube a tope y dolby no sube a tope la retroiluminación o luz OLED.
Gracias

Yo tengo ajustada la luz oled en Dolby Vision a 100. Me la trae al pairo lo que diga LG en este caso. Quiero FULL PAWA, y obtengo FULL PAWA. NO COMPROMISES.

Carátula americana de Dunkirk. Sale en diciembre. El diseño es una pasada, como mola.

91-NnfGLwbL._SL1500_.jpg
Aspect ratio???

:pota No esperaba menos barbaridad. Ascazo de NOlan, como siempre.
Ascazo tú, Joder.

Dunkirk tiene 3 aspect ratios oficiales aprobados por Nolan según donde se exhiba.

Anda, vete a los hilos de Apple que es donde manejas la ciencia.
WQOr4qB.jpg

Yo veo 6 formatos aprobados por la distribuidora:
Dunkirk-Aspect-Ratios.jpg

Y esto no se trata de formatos aprobados por el director, o por la distribuidora, o por mi padre en el salón haciendo zoom a un Scope.

6 formatos aprobados!!!!! ESO en mi tierra de la ciencia se llama MARKETING. Nolan dijo que lo mas de lo mas era IMAX 70mm 1.43:1. Pues entonces que tenga los huevos de sacar la versión doméstica en el aspect ratio del IMAX. Maldito embaucador!

-dicho por un pro-apple en NosoloHD (2017)

Parece ser que 2:20 Dunkirk 4K Blu-ray

Saludos.
Esa era mi segunda opción.

El 4:3 es para salas imax de 70mm "antiguas" con pantallas de ese tipo de 20 metros de alto. Así vi the dark knight en su momento en el imax de Londres.

Pero Nolan para el bluray intentó replicar la experiencia de apertura de formato pero conformándose con el 1.78 de ancho.

Meter un 4:3 como sinónimo de inmersión en una tv sería absurdo. Y Nolan no es tonto.

Seguro que dentro unos años la sacaran en IMAX. Igual que han hecho con muchas películas hasta sacar el formato original, así nos sacan el doble de gasto.
Un saludo.

Saludos.

El 4:3 es para salas imax de 70mm "antiguas" con pantallas de ese tipo de 20 metros de alto. Así vi the dark knight en su momento en el imax de Londres.

Pero Nolan para el bluray intentó replicar la experiencia de apertura de formato pero conformándose con el 1.78 de ancho.

Meter un 4:3 como sinónimo de inmersión en una tv sería absurdo. Y Nolan no es tonto.
Efectivamente. Titanic, Avatar .... solo están en panorámico.

Un saludo.

Saludos.

Efectivamente. Titanic, Avatar .... solo están en panorámico.

Un saludo.
El aspect ratio de Titanic en 3D es 1.77:1

Saludos.

Pero tu no tenías proyector? :disimulo

Si Nolan quiere replicar el IMAX en la pantalla de un móvil pues está colgado o intenta vender humo. Lo mismo con la pantalla de menos de 80" del salón de cualquiera. Lo lógico es poner su aspect ratio original que el director tenía en mente cuando la rodó Y PUNTO, que según él la versión definitiva es esa, 1:43:1.

Arriba Pie