Yo últimamente tengo la misma sensación.
Mi mujer me estuvo enseñando el nuevo note... Y le dije que ni se le ocurriera. Voy a gama media fijo.

Definición de marquitis.

BlackBerry DTEK50 review: An Android phone with a BlackBerry logo

Screen Shot 2016-08-31 at 11.39.25.png

Estaba leyendo qué era el Blackberry Hub ese, por curiosidad. Bueno, no está mal, un sitio donde centralizas correo, calendario, contactos... No creo que no haya nada que no puedas hacer de otras formas o con otras aplicaciones. Y de la seguridad extra que venden con el teléfono, resulta que nada de nada. Son cosas de Android 6 y como decían en una review, si quieres un móvil más seguro, compra un Nexus, porque es el que más rápido se actualizará. O eso o te vas a Samsung y metes las aplicaciones ultracríticas en Samsung Knox, que sí mete una capa de seguridad extra bastante importante.

En las reviews que he leido, dicen que en lo que realmente destaca BB es en servir los parches de seguridad mensuales hasta mas rapido que google para los nexus.

que tiene un gestor de permisos algo mejorado (te dice cuantas veces tal aplicacion accede a los contactos, por ejemplo) y poco mas.

Boring phone, lo llaman

Estaba leyendo qué era el Blackberry Hub ese, por curiosidad. Bueno, no está mal, un sitio donde centralizas correo, calendario, contactos... No creo que no haya nada que no puedas hacer de otras formas o con otras aplicaciones. Y de la seguridad extra que venden con el teléfono, resulta que nada de nada. Son cosas de Android 6 y como decían en una review, si quieres un móvil más seguro, compra un Nexus, porque es el que más rápido se actualizará. O eso o te vas a Samsung y metes las aplicaciones ultracríticas en Samsung Knox, que sí mete una capa de seguridad extra bastante importante.

Se nota que no has usado el BB Hub... que sí, que lo ves todo con otras apps - pero al final cada app termina teniendo su propia notificación....
BB Hub es ver todo lo importante a golpe de vista y con unos gestos guardarlo, borrarlo, pasar....
Yo que ahora no tengo BB lo que más echo de menos es el Hub... un invento cojonudo.

Vale, ya veo cómo funciona. Un sitio centralizado donde ves todo: correo, twitter, facebook... A mí no me supone ningún inconveniente tener cada cosa con su aplicación y ver las notificaciones en el teléfono, pero cada uno es más productivo a su manera, por supuesto.

Ahora, leo los comentarios en la Play Store y resulta que leer sí, pero contestar en muchas aplicaciones, nada de nada, que le das y tienes que ir a su propia aplicación. Habrá que darles tiempo para que lo arreglen si es que es posible.

Pero bueno, comprar un Skoda porque trae ganchos en el maletero, cuando resulta que por muy poco más el comercial te ofrece un Audi y simplemente tienes que pagar 1€ al mes por tenerlos... Yo me voy al Audi. Y es que este Blackberry es gama media tirando a baja. 327€ en Amazon. Por 429€ tienes un LG G5, fue el primero que busqué, un auténtico pepino de gama altísima.

El modelo de la web china es el negro, pero es exactamente ese mismo teléfono.

La noticia es sobre la actualización a lollipop, olvídate de la presentación del modelo blanco.

Pues precisamente he leído algun comentario al respecto y dicen que el Yotaphone 2 deja de funcionar correctamente con Android 5.0 : fallos de WiFi, calentamiento excesivo y lo peor, deja de funcionar la pantalla e-Ink!

Última edición:
Algún comentario hay, pero hay que contextualizar también. La actualización salió en primavera del año pasado y efectivamente hubo quejas pero han ido llegando después correcciones que lo han dejado bastante bien.

En XDA-Developers como siempre para estas cosas es el sitio más apropiado para ver cómo anda el tema.

El soporte parece bastante bueno y casualemente hoy han liberado un nuevo firmware para la versión Europea.

e113d4eadef7147d4a184703af9aae84.jpg

Me animé con estos comentarios reciente que parecen que cuentan con una buena experiencia a sus espaldas:

As a very proud and happy Yotaphone 2 owner, I definitely recommend it.
First of all, I'm still in love with its second screen.
My main EPD panel shows clock & battery+ notifications + switch tools (mobile data, wifi...). Think that all these infos and options are always displayed and accessible with a double-tap, and that's perfect. When you discover that it's possible, you realize that should be mandatory for every device, in fact.
I think I use the EPD 80% of the time, it's perfect for all the messaging apps, for example. Twitter also works very well. Generally, I find activities like typing or reading very nice on the EPD, because you can take your time. It may not seem like an obvious edge, but I came to the conclusion that's soothing and good for mental health.

Aging? I think I'm not a smartphone power user, like you, and I don't play much. Yet, it still perfectly handles Internet navigation and apps (GMaps, Pokémon,...).
And, last but not least, the people around me love it. It draws attention, and for some, it's even viewed as some kind of magical device.
Beautiful, nice to handle, build quality, there's so much good to say about this device that I can't do it alone. For me, its bigger flaws were related to my extensive use of the EPD : no EPD backlight, the lack for more and more EPD apps, and their lack of features (compared to the not-EPD apps), but even that is improving with system updates (another big one rolled just yesterday, in Europe). It could also use SD card and second SIM slots, but it would be too close to perfection.
Thanks to the guys in Yota

------
Can anyone comment how works the phone with the last updates? -
- Phone is now more stable and slightly, but noticeable faster. Part of that will be Lollipop of course, but definitely good work on Yota's part.
There are also some further additions to the EPD - e.g. there is now a panel, or small widget panel, for quicksettings. Super useful and works and looks much better than the third party options.
Yota settings has been expanded too.
Basically another improvement on the phone in general.

Some improvement from the last lollipop update?,
- only with the EPD additions mentioned above, I haven't noticed any other differences or improvements, performance or otherwise. There will no doubt be some, but they're not hugely noticeable.

Must point out here that I have been playing hearthstone a lot recently and as such can't give accurate battery reports.
I can say that I have been brutalising my poor battery with constant play, even while charging. It still lasts a day easy if use the EPD properly so no complaints. Which leads me to...

Is the high consumption of battery fixed now?

It is better . My GSAM stats prior to the last OTA were reporting that the OS and the kernel were consistently taking 60% +. The recent update halved it. This hasn't doubled my battery life, or anything close to it. It is better though - there is no undue battery drainage any more, at least imo.

And the heat of the phone?

As mentioned, I have been ruining my phone and its battery to play a game a lot. This is actually how I realised that the heat issue has been somewhat solved :-
Before the last couple of updates (they've both had influences on this) my phone would get almost uncomfortably hot while charging in general. Now that only happens in situations like the previously mentioned.
TL[http://forum]R - it's not excessively hot if you don't abuse it.

Is now Whatsapp integrated with the EPD screen?

Nope not yet. I can instead recommend Disa - unified messaging that uses FB, Whatsapp and text (and others I think). Not a plug, I have no involvement with it. I just think its brilliant.
Also, if you have Disa as an app in one of the app launcher panels then you can launch it from the back.

Something new?

Other than the previously mentioned there is another nice feature, which relates bit to the above point in terms of using apps straight from the EPD.
The phone can now choose between slide or double-tap unlock. If DT2W (double tap to wake) is active then you can double tap on anything on the EPD (if it has an associated function) and it will launch it. So you can just double tap on your messaging app and it will launch instantly. This goes a decent way to add integration to the EPD and really helps make everything more seemless.

Having said that my EPD is slowly, but definitely dying - there are an incredibly gradually increasing amount of dead horizontal lines. They are crazy thin so having 5 or so is hardly noticeable, especially as they're all in the same point. Can convince myself it's intentional most of the time :P..

The relevant point is that EPD functions activated by touch don't seem to work for me if the phone hasn't been active for an hour or so, so I mostly use the unlock button these days. But mine is a first model (YD201), any considering purchasing should factor in that they'll be receiving newer, better phones.

I go to purchase the phone, and I don't know if is better no actualice them to lollipop.

This is an answer to both of the last two posters.
The phone is definitely better - less unwarrented battery drain, smoother and better interface, the EPD on lollipop is really rather pretty (can set backgrounds for panels - a very nice touch). The upgrade also comes with refresh rate improvements, stability enhancements and a few other things. IMO it is worth the upgrade. I love my Yota as it can be a normal phone, but if I want it can be super conservative and last a couple of days.
I can't honestly say which is better in terms of battery life - KK or current LL (both for Yota). KK was incredible frankly, that and my Yota got 80+ hours usage multiple times. If I'm honest I don't think it could still do that. But it can still easily outperform normal phones if used conservatively and making use of the EPD. A good example is the fact that I was up at 8am and it's 20:30 now and I'm on 86%. Not big usage by any measure today, but it's not dropping when it shouldn't.
TL[http://forum]R - Lollipop has nice improvements and features, KK probably has better battery life, and honestly it's just as stable, if not more so. IMO though I'd still go for Lollipop - what you're missing out on outweighs what you can keep imo, especially as this is all pretty subjective and usage differs wildly.
If anything, go for Lollipop just to see what Yota are still doing with the phone. I spotted something during the update process that I'm pretty sure was written in solely to account for the proportion of users that root the phone. For me the last 3 update processes were worth it for that :P.

Please tell me something about the questions - they were definitely questions.

Thank you, and sorry for my English - no worries, you write, and presumably, speak it well. I speak **** French, Spanish and Japanese, you are better :P.

Hope I helped - chuck any more questions my way and Ill respond as best I can.

2016-03-16

Última edición:
Bueno, pues ni siquiera teniendo dos años, resulta que el Sony Z3 se queda sin actualización. Parece ser que se debe a que Google deja de dar soporte a ciertos procesadores y entre ellos entran el del nombrado. A partir de aquí a pasarse la pelota unos a otros y en medio el consumidor que se deja pasta en terminal de gama alta o al menos se supone.
Sony creó en su momento una especie de betatesters y ha dado una serie de pistas o ideas para que los desarrolladores hagan una custom rom.

• Me gusta
Reacciones: WRC
Lo de las actualizaciones en Android es un verdadero desastre. Y no parece que sea una situación que vaya a cambiar jamás. :/

Cómo mola que la pantalla EPD del Yotaphone te marque las notificaciones. La batería así debe durar como mínimo, el doble.

Enviat des del meu JY-F2 usant Tapatalk

Lo del Z3 es sangrante, son unos cabrones. Y lo malo es que las ROM alternativas no disponen de los controladores "güenos" de Sony, y la diferencia es muy muy importante.

Tengo el Compact en la última de Sony, precisamente por eso.

Lo que no entiendo es que animen a la gente a que hagan custom y no suelten los drivers.
Y también me ha parecido leer en htcmania que hace falta hacer un bootloader y que "algunas propiedades del terminal se pierden". En esto me pierdo.

Menudo titular grandilocuente.

Android en formato Tablet pegará un cambio importante cuando llegue de forma oficial Chrome OS con Google play integrado, y más con este formato físico con teclado.

Sí sí, el titular es de traca. Ahora, el cacharro mola y mucho. Efectivamente, con Chrome OS sería la caña. Que son 499€ con Android, 599€ con Windows, un precio muy bueno en mi opinión.

Pues seguro que lo veremos con Chrome OS el año que viene.

Con windows es interesante, pero con Android NO. Tablets caras con Android ya no tienen sentido desde que se sabe la fusión de Chrome OS con las apps de Android.

¿Pero una tableta de 7-9" con Chrome OS las ves funcional?

Yo creo que estamos ante un primer paso de fusión entre Chrome OS y Android, pero queda mucho que recorrer para que las tablets cambien de forma significativa. Desde Android 3.0 se han ido adaptando Android para dar cabida a las tablets y no creo que se vaya a dejar de lado todo eso para tirar hacia Chrome OS.

Lo veo funcional a partir de 10".

Pero lo ideal son 12" o más para uso como portátil decente.

Yo me refería que mucho cuidado con gastar en un producto caro con android formato tablet porque el año que viene van a salir cosas muy interesantes.

De momento lo que más me gusta es el diseño.

Es un Idol 4 un poco pulido de diseño, con bordes metálicos y una parte trasera tipo caucho grabado que le da un buen agarre.

Ahora llevo un rato actualizándolo y luego lo pruebo más a fondo.

Arriba Pie