Doctor Who

Entonces, si así fuera, los fans que critican la despedida melodramática de Tennant diciendo que "¡pero si sólo va a cambiar de cuerpo! ¡Va a seguir siendo el mismo!" se lo pensarán mejor, ¿no? Porque si una regeneración de género es capaz de cambiar nada menos que la orientación sexual del personaje, entonces se entiende que en cada regeneración es MUCHÍSIMO de la personalidad de cada Doctah que se pierde en el camino

Yo siempre he dado por asumido que es mucho más que un cambio de cuerpo: es una transformación en otra persona. Con mismos recuerdos, un sistema de valores parecido, pero con una nueva personalidad, nuevas opiniones y nueva actitud. ¡Si los Doctores a la mínima se ponen a parir entre ellos!

De hecho si veis The end of time en español veréis que Tennant pasa de decir "I don't want to go" a "No quiero morir". :D

encuestadoctor.JPG

Hay rumores de The Master en el 50 aniversario? Es que en la cuenta oficial de Who en twitter no hacen mas que hablar de el. Que si su primera aparición, encuentro con el doctah, etc....

Ningún rumor particular. Acaba de salir el serial de Pertwee The Mind of Evil en dvd, en el que sale the master, lo mismo es parte de la promoción, pero la verdad, me gustraía que volviese.

Lo he estado pensando, y creo que el 12º Doctor debería ser mujer, negra y lesbiana. Al menos, una vez ya hechas todas las transgresiones posibles, en las próximas reencarnaciones ya nadie dará el coñazo con el sexo o color de piel del Doctor :cuniao

Hay rumores de The Master en el 50 aniversario? Es que en la cuenta oficial de Who en twitter no hacen mas que hablar de el. Que si su primera aparición, encuentro con el doctah, etc....

De The Master siempre hay rumores... de hecho va a ser como la Rani, lo han repetido tanto que el día que vuelva no se lo creerá nadie hasta ver el episodio.

De quien sí hay rumores medianamente serios para el 50 aniversario es de
Omega. Y según uno de los guionistas clásicos, los Daleks y los Cyberman salen en ese mismo episodio.

Hablando de rumores, hay uno que viene de una fuente aparentemente fiable y que dice que el nuevo Doctor ya ha sido fichado, que se anunciará oficialmente en cinco semanas y que no es ninguno de los nombres rumoreados. Y hay otro quizá no tan fiable, pero que ha venido desde varias fuentes distintas y que dice que hace poco se han encontrado episodios perdidos, pero la BBC los está reservando para noviembre, porque entre ellos están cosas como la regeneración de Hartnell y el primer serial de Troughton.

Pues yo acabo de llegar de Cardiff. Audición para el decimosegundo doctor. Muy bien. Moffat ha comentado que innenarrable todo. El tio de su derecha intentaba contener la risa. Le he llegao al alma, seguro. Dicen que ya me llamaran. No estoy seguro de haberles dado mi teléfono. Pero bien. A ver si cumplo mi sueño.

Oye, y si no se cumple, yo tengo un candidato ideal...

Doctor Detroit Trailer - YouTube

De la convención francesa. Acojonante el parecido de Claudia Grant con Susan.

698232IMAG0416.jpg

adventure-David-Bradley-First-Doctor-hartnell.jpg

adventure-Sydney-Newman-brian-cox.jpg

123485IMAG0415.jpg

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com.es/2013/07/exclusive-mark-gatiss-interview.html

Earlier today Blogtor caught up with Doctor Who actor/writer and Sherlock writer/actor/producer Mark Gatiss at Paris Comic Con and chatted with him about his upcoming genesis of Doctor Who drama, An Adventure In Space & Time, THE Doctor Who story he'd love to tell, a Russell T Davies live episode and Sherlock. To begin with, I asked Mark about the announcement of Matt Smith's departure from Doctor Who.

"Well, I knew but it was very sad. I can completely understand - it's the best time to go, in the fiftieth anniversary year. I'm very sad because I think he's a fantastic Doctor and I would have been very interested to see a fourth year with Matt."

Regarding Matt's recent video message to fans (watch HERE), the writer added, "It was lovely. I hope his hair grows back in time for Christmas. [Laughs]"

Moving on to An Adventure In Space & Time, due for broadcast on BBC Two in November, Gatiss lamented the real people and stories he had to omit from the ninety-minute special:
"To be absolutely frank, the problem with trying to focus on one story about the beginning is that there are so many stories. There'll be howls of protest from certain quarters because there are some people not in it. It's a drama about the creation of Doctor Who, it's not a documentary and, therefore, I had to focus on a small number of main characters. And a few of the other characters have to slightly merge. David Whitaker's not in it. Mervyn Pinfield is and he sort of absorbs David Whitaker's role. To a lay audience, who don't give a monkey's about the difference between a script editor and associate producer, they would just be bewildered.

It hurts my inner anorak, it hurts me. But, at the same time, I had to approach it very much the way I would do if I didn't know anything about the programme - it's a drama about people and the fun mechanics of the creation of the show.

The big casualty really was, in the first draft or two, the creation of the Daleks had essentially meant the relationship and the difference between Terry Nation's [the creator of the intergalactic pepperpots] and Ray Cusick's [the designer of Skaro's finest] fate was sort of the B-plot. But it was too broad, it was too wide-ranging, it just needed to be focused.

I hope that if you don't really know any of these famous Doctor Who stories that you'll be surprised by some of the decisions. It's interesting when we were editing it, some things you just stripped out because actually that's a detail too far.

It leaves residual touches, in a funny kind of way. There's a wonderful memo about when they were thinking what the TARDIS would be and someone says, "It could be covered in invisible paint!" I love that! [Laughs] And, actually, now I've got William Hartnell suggesting it over a Chinese meal. You have to work out the detail of what's interesting to a die hard fan and what's also accessible to the public."​

Going back to the Naton/Cusick element, I asked Mark if there were any other behind the stories from Doctor Who that would make for a fictional account.
"I think that story [Terry Nation and Ray Cusick] would make its own film. The story of the Radiophonic Workshop would make its own film. And then, in the history of the programme at different times, there are things that would be fascinating to see dramatised. Whether or not it would actually hold a ninety-minute film, I don't know."​
I proffered that the return of the show in the Noughties might be good fodder.
"I guess so, you never can tell. Because, if you're involved, it seems baffling - why would anyone be interested? [Laughs] But then, that's what it must feel like to be someone who was involved with Doctor Who at the beginning. For Verity Lambert, who I knew a little, she was an amazing woman but I think to her very end she was slightly baffled by the fact that Doctor Who was the thing that she would be most remembered for. So the idea that I guess one day someone might make a film about the making of An Adventure in Space & Time and then the universe will implode. [Laughs]​
I wondered if there was a difference in watching An Adventure in Space & Time compared with his own Doctor Who stories?
"As an exec on it, I was following it, I was there every day and I was there during the entire post-production, edits and everything so it's more involved process because there are director's decisions on Doctor Who and Six Floor [location of the people at the BBC with "power"] decisions which have a huge amount of say, I'm very pleased to say. But in the end, it's not my baby. So Doctor Who is about the only thing I write for that I'm not actually behind the scenes for as well. It's very special to me, I'll carry on as long as they'll have me. Space and Time was very hands on, mostly."​
Moving on, Mark told me about a real life event that he really wanted to transfer into a fascinating Doctor Who episode.
"The Doctor Who story I've always wanted to do is about Laika the dog, the Russian dog they put in space. I think I had a dream about it once where there was just him in his capsule - what a lonely thing! I thought, wouldn't it be fascinating if something else got in, like The Quatermass Experiment? And Laika came back to Earth, still alive, but not alone…"​

After mentioning The Quatermass Experiment, which Gatiss starred in a live version of with David Tennant back in 2005, I queried if Mark would consider a live episode of either Sherlock or Doctor Who.
"Ooof, not for Sherlock! [Laughs] I'm going grey just at the prospect! Actually, I seem to remember Russell [T Davies, former showrunner] harbouring a desire to do a live Doctor Who - "Forty-five minutes to save the world!" I remember David blanching when he was telling me about it [Laughs], even though we'd done Quatermass. I think that was very ambitious for live TV. It's possible. It would probably have to be a very contained thing where the Doctor was trying to get out of a lift or something. But it's a good idea, why not? But Sherlock? Absolutely not. [Laughs]​
Sticking with Sherlock, I asked if work has started on Series 4.
"Benedict commissioned it by virtue of saying it's going to happen. Which is a brilliant way of commissioning anything! I've commissioned the next ten just by walking the red carpet with a loud-hailer. [Laughs] Not yet as we haven't finished Series Three yet - we have plans though…"​
He did, however, promise "new footage" and "surprises" at San Diego Comic Con later this month, laughingly adding, "we're doing it naked!" I was curious about the father and son relationship so prevalent in Night Terrors and whether or not this was a theme that resonated in his own life.
"I'll tell you an odd thing about that story, it was made first of that season. It was the next thing after the Christmas, it was made in the summer and wasn't shown for over a year after it was made by which time several other stories in that season were also about absentee fathers and sons. By the time Night Terrors came along one of the reviews said, "What's going on??" And I thought, "But I did mine first!" So I don't know if there was any kind of plan.

To be honest, the reasoning behind it was I thought it would be quite interesting to do a father and son rather than the obvious thing, I guess, would have been to do a mother with a child. And I thought it would just be more interesting to make it about a father's trouble. I thought it was a less obvious way to go with a troubled child. It was a cuckoo in the nest story so, again, but actually the father's worrying is quite interesting because it's not quite the same. He's unemployed, his wife is working, he's feeling all those kinds of pressures, as well, to sort of provide.

I was very keen to do that because I hadn't done a modern day one; I love that idea of, it's sort of a bit more like Russell's era. And getting people like Danny Mays and Emma Cunniffe just really made it. And it's got scary dolls in it! [Laughs] I went to the Experience [the Doctor Who Experience in Cardiff] the other day and I was so chuffed to see them in the corner. They're really horrible. There's something intrinsically terrifying about dolls."​
With the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary looming, I asked Mark if he was involved in the one hour 3D special, in any way.
"It's done, no no. I've read it. It's fantastic. I'm very excited about seeing it."​
And regarding costume designer Howard Burden's recent remarks on John Hurt's character (read them HERE), Gatiss added:
"You can't trust anything anyone says to the Royal Family! [Laughs]"​
Moving past November and into the future, I wondered if Mark would like to be the new Doctor Who showrunner when Steven Moffat stands down. And, if he didn't want the job, who does he think would make a good successor?
"I can't answers these questions Cameron, you know I can't. [Laughs]"​
Finally, I returned back to An Adventure In Space and Time, and asked Mark how he felt about it.
"I've seen it a thousand times! Chuffed to bits with it. It's very moving and the cast are magnificent; David particularly is really quite something. It's a very moving story and fun."​

Murray Gold has revealed that he has composed a special "birthday" song for the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary and will premiere at the Doctor Who Proms this weekend. Speaking to Mark Lawson on the BBC Radio 4 show Front Row, Gold described the track, Song For Fifty:

"We thought it would be appropriate to write something to commemorate the birthdays; essentially 'Happy Birthday' to a lovely television show. I think the last words are 'Happy Birthday Doctor You', which I'm sure the whole audience is gonna mishear and say, 'You must never call him by that name'! I wrote this long song to speak for everybody in that room [Royal Albert Hall]."

NOTICIÓN: una entrevista en la que Moffat no sólo NO trollea al entrevistador sino que encima habla extensamente sobre el presente y futuro inmediato de la serie.

So how goes the search for the next Doctor?

Well, it’s always just terrifying. If you’re a Doctor Who fan, as I have been all my life, you’ve been doing fantasy casting for this part for as long as you can remember. But when you’re suddenly faced with the reality that you are going to sit there and you are going to make that decision it does feel absolutely chilling. There’s a very big range of people who could play it and different ways you could go with it. We must get this right. One false move and the show’s over.

When do you hope to announce the identity of the new Doctor?

Unless we have an insane plan, we’ll announce a new Doctor within days of finalizing the new Doctor. Because it’s very very hard to keep any kind of a secret. The last time, when we chose Matt, we had to hold over on that one, because there was a Christmas Doctor Who special called “The Next Doctor” for which Russell (T. Davies, former Doctor Who showrunner) was playing the game of pretending it was going to be David Morrissey. So we couldn’t deflate that. [Laughs]. But I think we’ll go public pretty fast.

Have you at least narrowed down the sex of the actor who will be playing the new Doctor?

I’m not going to comment at all on the direction we’re going. Sorry!

Are you hoping the new Doctor will appear in this year’s Christmas special?

Yes. That’s not the hope — that’s the plan. It’ll be the traditional regeneration. You know, the eleventh will fall and the twelfth shall rise. And you’ll see that in the closing moments of the show. I mean, you sometimes sit and think, “Are there better ways of doing it? Is there a different way of doing it?” But quite honestly what could be better than that? It’s just too exciting. [Laughs]

Is Matt going to have to wear a wig when he films the Christmas special? He seems to have had a very severe haircut for his role in Ryan Gosling’s How to Catch a Monster.

We’re sprinkling fertilizer on his head as we speak. I don’t know. If you care to take a look at “The Angels Take Manhattan” there are a couple of scenes that Karen Gillan came back to do in the graveyard after she’d had her radical haircut and she is wearing what seems like a strategically draped otter on her head. [Laughs] However, we effect it, the Doctor will turn up in his trademark coif. We can’t have Matt’s last stand in the TARDIS without his proper look. So, thank you, Ryan Gosling…

Am I right in thinking that the new series—the first post-Matt shows—will be broadcast in late summer 2014?

I think that’s probably right. But these things change so often.

How did you find out that Matt was leaving?

Well, I’ve known broadly speaking for a very long while because I knew how long, when he first came in, he was broadly speaking intending to do. And obviously, being the man I am, I always tried to persuade him to do longer and to do more and he [stayed] a little bit longer than he intended to. I knew that he would do what most of them do and do his three years. It’s a difficult thing for any departing Doctor. Curiously enough, it was really to me that David Tennant resigned. Because he was considering whether to continue now that I was taking over. And both of them went through he same experience. It’s not like leaving any other part, it really isn’t. It’s sort of like abdicating [the throne] and it’s genuinely emotional, it’s upsetting. It’s an upheaval in your life. It’s something you really have to contemplate. And I remember what both of them said during their period of anguish — when they were contemplating letting somebody else into the TARDIS — they both said, “There’s part of me, I would just stay doing it forever. So, if I don’t leave now, maybe I’ll just carry on forever. And that wouldn’t be right for me or the show.” It was a difficult, emotional experience for both of them.

When did he actually tell you that he was leaving?

We discussed ages ago that we would do three series and then he would do the 50th and then he’d do Christmas. That was Plan A for a very, very long while. That may sound cold that it was so far in advance but you’ve got to plan a career. [Laughs] The question was, “Will I be able to talk him out of it?” We went out for lunch and he said that he’d come very close to doing another series but it was the same argument: “If I do another series, I think I might do two more series, or three more series. I think I might never leave.” It’s that thing of wanting to leave while you’re a huge hit and not let it tail off. It’s part of the ecology of the program, it’s part of the DNA of the program, that there is going to be a new Doctor now and then. None of them ever want to outstay their welcome, and Matt certainly didn’t. Not that I think he was in any danger of that, frankly. It’s also, it has to be said, an overwhelming schedule for the actor playing the Doctor. As a workload it precludes you doing anything else. It precludes theatre, it precludes any significant other television or film work really. And even trying to crowbar some time in for him to do other things — which was part of our charm offensive — in the end he wanted to go and develop the other parts of his career.

What can you tell us about this November’s Doctor Who 50th anniversary show?

[Laughs] Oh, well, very, very little. It will feature of course Matt and Jenna Coleman, but in addition there’ll be Billie Piper and David Tennant and John Hurt. But we’ve been really quite careful. We have a philosophy that anything we shot outside we had to own up to but the rest of it…You’re just going to have to wait until November to find out about.

What is the format of the 50th anniversary special? Is it movie-length?

It’s a special episode. I think you could call it movie-length, yeah. I mean, I’m saying that with a slight hint of vagueness because I don’t know the finished running time. [Laughs] It’s certainly well over an hour.

What was it like having Matt and David together?

They really loved each other and had a huge laugh together. And of course they’ve been through this experience that only the two of them can talk about, really, in the modern world. They are the two people that have played that part at a time when the series is this big. They spent the entire time just sitting together talking animatedly.

Could you talk about how their Doctors relate to each other? Traditionally, there’s been a bit of edge when Doctors have met each other onscreen?

Well, when you’re talking to yourself, there’s no filter! You don’t spare yourself! They’re quite a fun pairing, I would say. There’s a bit of the normal joshing of each other but they’re both such enthusiastic Doctors. While they might be sort of competing slightly, they’re both standing there saying, “Oh god, it’s so cool, there’s two of me!” So, it’s very different. I think the other one that worked brilliantly was Jon Pertwee and Patrick Troughton. They were incredibly funny together. This is very different from that but it’s a sublime double act.

What was it like working with John Hurt?

He’s wonderful. That’s hardly a headline: “John Hurt is a very good actor.” But he’s terrific. It’s a lovely 50th anniversary treat, I suppose. You get a whole new Doctor played by a proper screen legend.

The Tom Baker-era monsters the zygons are coming back?

Oh yes, that’s confirmed. We had to do a scene with the zygons outside, so there was no point in pretending they weren’t there. We kept very close to the original design. It’s a cracking monster.
I grew up in the ’70s and the zygons loom very large in my memory.

I was quite surprised to recently discover they only really appeared in one episode.

That’s right. Only one story. Despite the fact that they are clearly one of the most successful monsters the show has ever had.

The other main part of the 50th anniversary celebrations is the TV movie An Adventure in Space and Time, which details the creation of the show and actor William Hartnell’s tenure as the original Doctor. What else can you tell us about that?

Oh, it’s gorgeous. It’s a very, very different celebration of Doctor Who.

Are you aware that David Bradley (who plays Hartnell in the movie) is now a thousand times more famous in America than he was a couple of months ago thanks to his pivotal role on the recent season of Game of Thrones?

Oh, brilliant. That’s excellent. I love David. He’s such a clever actor. And we’ve had him in the proper show as well. He’s in “Dinosaurs On a Spaceship.”

How much longer do you yourself intend to stay with the show?

I think a year at a time. I’ve signed up for this next year, with the new Doctor. It’s one of those jobs when you know when you’ve had enough. At the moment I haven’t had enough and I’m thoroughly enjoying it. I’m very excited for the challenge of the new Doctor and establishing that new Doctor. So, no plans to leave as yet. But that doesn’t mean I’ll be here for 20 years. There will come that day when I think it’s time someone else had a go and it’s time I did something else.

You’re also the executive producer of Sherlock. Have you finished shooting the new series yet?

Oh, I wish! We’ve done two. But we’ve now got a small gap — a small gap? A large gap! — while Martin (Freeman) goes back to New Zealand to film a bit more of the Hobbit and then he’ll return to us. Hopefully, by that time, I’ll actually have finished the Sherlock script I’m writing and we’ll make another one.

-¿Cuando anunciará al nuevo doctor?
-Probablemente a los pocos días de contratarlo.
-¿Puede definir "probablemente" para nosotros?
-Es una visión de la probabilidad muy flexible...
-Ya. O sea que lo mismo si, lo msimo no...
-Lo mismo.
-¿Me traduce la primera respuesta?
-Que ya lo tenemos desde hace meses pero queremos que dussander no crea que troleo. Es muy joven.
-Vamos, que no nos ha dicho nada.
-Dije hola al entrar. Pay atention!

Arriba Pie