Road and Track - Tesla Model 3 Performance: Track Test

Hasta ahora para hacer ciertas cosas con un coche de los nuevos había que desconectar el control de tracción, pero:
"Our Track Mode doesn't disable features, it adds them," Michael Neumeyer, Manager of Chassis Controls, told me.

El artículo más interesante que he leído hasta el momento (por ahora todas las pruebas se resumen en que "el coche está guay" y bla bla bla...), y eso que el artículo me resulta un poco demasiado técnico para mis conocimientos de conducción. Imagino que los que sabéis bien de esto le sacaréis mucho más jugo a las especificaciones del Track Mode que yo. Pero me parece muy interesante, es una manera nueva de afrontar y usar las cualidades de un motor eléctrico junto con la electrónica para sacar rendimiento al coche.

Neumeyer and team programed the vehicle dynamic control system in-house to make Track Mode possible. This mode pushes the margins of stability control farther away. (Note: Track Mode does not alter acceleration performance; the Model 3 Performance does not have a launch mode or Ludicrous acceleration setting.) But more importantly, it does some tricky things with the car's regenerative breaking.

On the street, you use regen for about 90 percent of your normal braking. (...) Out on the track, regen becomes a tool to help balance the car's chassis. Those light, delicate brake modulations you use to adjust a car's attitude mid-corner? Now you get them with a slight lift of the accelerator. It's instantaneous, braking and acceleration balanced from one pedal.

It also gives the Model 3 Performance a nifty trick no other Tesla can do: Lift-throttle oversteer, coded right into the software. In Track Mode, the regenerative braking is increased significantly—up to 0.3g of deceleration, compared to a max of 0.2g in street trim. When you lift in a corner, the regen tosses all the weight forward, loading up the front axle. The rear tires, now regenerating under much less weight, break loose. The stability control looks the other way. Presto! Oversteer.

At this point, if you were to, say, nail the accelerator, the system would overdrive the front axle motor, powering the front tires to pull you neatly out of the corner in a controlled return to the line. You'll kill me for saying it, but this sport sedan has the same toss and catch that makes the best front-drive hot hatches such a joy to hustle—bolstered by no-joke instant horsepower and the predictability of vectoring all-wheel drive.

Más en el artículo.

080118-teslamodel3-lrp-4042-1533313866.jpg

La noticia del día en Tesla: podría salir de los mercados y convertirse en privada.

The following email was sent to Tesla employees today:

Earlier today, I announced that I’m considering taking Tesla private at a price of $420/share. I wanted to let you know my rationale for this, and why I think this is the best path forward.

First, a final decision has not yet been made, but the reason for doing this is all about creating the environment for Tesla to operate best. As a public company, we are subject to wild swings in our stock price that can be a major distraction for everyone working at Tesla, all of whom are shareholders. Being public also subjects us to the quarterly earnings cycle that puts enormous pressure on Tesla to make decisions that may be right for a given quarter, but not necessarily right for the long-term. Finally, as the most shorted stock in the history of the stock market, being public means that there are large numbers of people who have the incentive to attack the company.

I fundamentally believe that we are at our best when everyone is focused on executing, when we can remain focused on our long-term mission, and when there are not perverse incentives for people to try to harm what we’re all trying to achieve.

This is especially true for a company like Tesla that has a long-term, forward-looking mission. SpaceX is a perfect example: it is far more operationally efficient, and that is largely due to the fact that it is privately held. This is not to say that it will make sense for Tesla to be private over the long-term. In the future, once Tesla enters a phase of slower, more predictable growth, it will likely make sense to return to the public markets.

Here’s what I envision being private would mean for all shareholders, including all of our employees.

First, I would like to structure this so that all shareholders have a choice. Either they can stay investors in a private Tesla or they can be bought out at $420 per share, which is a 20% premium over the stock price following our Q2 earnings call (which had already increased by 16%). My hope is for all shareholders to remain, but if they prefer to be bought out, then this would enable that to happen at a nice premium.

Second, my intention is for all Tesla employees to remain shareholders of the company, just as is the case at SpaceX. If we were to go private, employees would still be able to periodically sell their shares and exercise their options. This would enable you to still share in the growing value of the company that you have all worked so hard to build over time.

Third, the intention is not to merge SpaceX and Tesla. They would continue to have separate ownership and governance structures. However, the structure envisioned for Tesla is similar in many ways to the SpaceX structure: external shareholders and employee shareholders have an opportunity to sell or buy approximately every six months.

Finally, this has nothing to do with accumulating control for myself. I own about 20% of the company now, and I don’t envision that being substantially different after any deal is completed.

Basically, I’m trying to accomplish an outcome where Tesla can operate at its best, free from as much distraction and short-term thinking as possible, and where there is as little change for all of our investors, including all of our employees, as possible.

This proposal to go private would ultimately be finalized through a vote of our shareholders. If the process ends the way I expect it will, a private Tesla would ultimately be an enormous opportunity for all of us. Either way, the future is very bright and we’ll keep fighting to achieve our mission.

Thanks,
Elon

Fuente: Tesla - Taking Tesla Private

Me estoy planteando sacar un 3008 en renting... ¿qué podéis decirme tanto del coche como del renting? :sudor

Es un coche precioso, más pintón no puede ser. Yo lo único que miraría bien es el puesto de conducción, el volante es muy pequeño y achatado por arriba y por abajo. Si te va bien y te parece cómoda la postura y disposición del volante y el cuadro, ni te lo pienses.
Sobre el tema del renting no te puedo decir nada porque nunca tuve un coche con esas condiciones.
Un saludo :ok

Es un coche precioso, más pintón no puede ser. Yo lo único que miraría bien es el puesto de conducción, el volante es muy pequeño y achatado por arriba y por abajo. Si te va bien y te parece cómoda la postura y disposición del volante y el cuadro, ni te lo pienses.
Sobre el tema del renting no te puedo decir nada porque nunca tuve un coche con esas condiciones.
Un saludo :ok
Efectivamente, precioso por fuera pero extraño por dentro. Tiene el cuadro, curiosamente, por encima del volante :pensativo
A todo el mundo no le gusta
peugeot-3008-tecnologias-201627976_1.jpg

:hola

Yo no veo el problema, normal que se investigue, pero es tan fácil como ver si la salida de Tesla de bolsa es una operación real o no.

Pero vamos, no es la primera vez que la SEC estudia alguna operación de Tesla.

Electrek - Tesla (TSLA) is being probed by SEC over Elon Musk’s announcement to go private, says report

Electrek’s Take

I am not a market regulation expert and therefore, please take what I say about this with a grain of salt.

While I can understand why Musk’s disclosure through Twitter rubs some people in the wrong way, my understanding is that the SEC has already cleared Musk for a similar situation in the past.

It boils down to disseminating information and there’s no doubt that Musk’s Twitter is very efficient at disseminating information.

Moments after he tweets something, several news outlets post articles about it – ourselves included.

It’s hard to argue that he is discriminating on how he shares any information.

Another issue is that sometimes he jokes on Twitter, which can confuse people, but historically, I don’t remember him joking about any kind of Tesla announcement other than the last April Fools joke.

In conclusion, I don’t see any major issue with Musk announcing this on Twitter when it’s actually true that he is considering and working on this.

What I think happened here is that a lot of Tesla shorts panicked and complained to the SEC, which had to look into it, but I could be wrong.

Última edición:
Pues a mi me parece bien, qué quieres que te diga. Deberían circular por donde están habilitadas las bicicletas y ya, fuera de las aceras.

No es cuestión de educación y concienciación, es que si no lo regulas te pasan por encima. Y después están las empresas de alquiler, claro.

No es cuestión de educación y concienciación, es que si no lo regulas te pasan por encima
Si, si lo es, y sin esa concienciación seguirán pasándote por encima solo que ahora se llevarán una multa. Estos cacharros han venido para quedarse, podemos regularlos de tal manera que su implantación se convierta en inviable y desaparezcan de las calles, o podemos sumarnos a los inicios de un transporte urbano moderno. Lo primero es el que inventen otros de toda la vida.

Tienes mucha fe en la raza humana, y más en los españoles. Ya llevamos varias décadas con carnet de conducir y un porrón de años con puntos... y da igual. Las calles siguen llenas de coches en doble fila que paran a tomar un café o a esperar por un hueco, los carga y descarga llenos de coches particulares, los intermitentes brillan por su ausencia, móviles en marcha, no hay amabilidad al volante,...

Esto se quita con:

- El cámara móvil del ayuntamiento... curiosamente por donde pasa no hay coches en doble fila...
- Las cámaras en pórticos y semáforos... curiosamente por debajo no se utiliza el móvil...
- Patrullas de policía/GC... curiosamente delante de ellas la gente utiliza intermitentes y sabe para lo que son las señales...

Etc etc etc.

España está perdida. Puedes educar, sí, yo lo intento con mi hijo... pero los 10 años hasta que los resultados se noten en el día a día ¿qué hacemos?

Perseverar y cundir con el ejemplo. De nada sirve enseñarle a las nuevas generaciones algo si luego nosotros hacemos otra cosa. Porque cuando pasen esos diez años esas generaciones dirán que a tomarle el pelo a otro y seguirán haciendo lo mismo que nosotros. El refrán "Haz lo que yo digo, no lo que yo hago" nunca ha funcionado ni funcionará.

Aquí en Alicante es común ver bicicletas por las aceras cuando no hay otra alternativa, y lo hacen a una velocidad muy reducida. Igual con los patinetes. No se puede pretender que sea el Estado el que imponga una concienciación ciudadana en vez de la sociedad misma, porque entonces se entenderá como una imposición y por tanto algo con lo que posicionarse en contra.

Y no es una cuestión de España @WRC sal a Italia o algunos pueblos de Francia y vas a flipar, pero de lejos ehh.

A mí el día que me expliquen...
- Cómo es posible que saques el carnet de conducir y puedas estar 50 años conduciendo sin necesidad de demostrar que sigues sabiendo hacerlo. Ya ni hablemos de que puedes no saber cómo son las nuevas normas. Millones de personas aún no saben cómo funciona una rotonda.
- Cómo es posible que para llevar un coche por la calzada haya que sacar un examen teórico y uno práctico. Para una moto igual. Para un coche con motor de moto no hace falta. Para una bici no hace falta. ¿Pero acaso no tienen que cumplir las normas de circulación?

Y así unas cuantas cosas más. Pero la solución no es educar a la gente. La solución es rebajar límites hasta el absurdo (30 km/h en barrios donde las calles son de doble carril en cada sentido), rebajar más y más en nacionales... Lo importante es recaudar, no nos engañemos. El día que los coches conduzcan solos la DGT se queda sin dinero. Mientras tanto hay que aprovechar para sacar tajada.

Tesla - Update on Taking Tesla Private

Respecto a lo que comentaba krell:
it was agreed that (...) I would reach out to some of Tesla’s largest shareholders. Our largest investors have been extremely supportive of Tesla over the years, and understanding whether they had the ability and desire to remain as shareholders in a private Tesla is of critical importance to me. They are the ones who believed in Tesla when no one else did and they are the ones who most believe in our future. I told the board that I would report back after I had these discussions.

Why did I make a public announcement?

The only way I could have meaningful discussions with our largest shareholders was to be completely forthcoming with them about my desire to take the company private. However, it wouldn’t be right to share information about going private with just our largest investors without sharing the same information with all investors at the same time. As a result, it was clear to me that the right thing to do was announce my intentions publicly.

A mí me parece justo y honesto, no es lo habitual ni de lejos, pero bueno, como casi todo alrededor de Tesla.

Y por otro lado... (lo pongo aparte para no mezclar temas)

Going back almost two years, the Saudi Arabian sovereign wealth fund has approached me multiple times about taking Tesla private.

A mí esto no me gusta nada, Arabia Saudí, uno de los países que por concepto más asco me da.

Es verdad que creo que Tesla está mucho mejor siendo privada que expuesta a la manipulación y especulación de los mercados, pero... ¿Arabia Saudí? :pota

En fin, imagino que es el precio que hay que pagar para que esto funcione. Que no deja de tener su gracia que el dinero del petróleo vaya a ser el que termine de financiar a Tesla y el coche eléctrico, pero... Arabia Saudí, aggh.

• Me gusta
Reacciones: WRC
Arriba Pie