Marvel's (Time-Travelling) Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. de Joss Whedon...'s little brother

Respuesta: S.H.I.E.L.D. de Joss Whedon

Joder, dawsy, te veo muy pesimista con esta serie :p

Pesimista no, realista, que cuando llegue el momento en que se la pegue, y Dios no lo quiera, no vengáis llorando :juas

Hombre, yo creo que la serie tiene bastantes posibilidades de triunfar. Viene respaldada por el éxito cinematográfico de las películas de Marvel y, especialmente, de Los Vegadores, se estrena en una franja horaria sin demasiada competencia y en un canal como la ABC, al que no le suele ir la cosa demasiado mal en audiencias. No es como otras series de Whedon, que se emitían de tapadillo los viernes o cuyas historias eran poco comerciales.

Nunca se sabe, una peli tiene éxito, pero luego se hace serie y puff. No digo que pueda darse el caso. I´m just saying... :agradable

A mi el trailer no me convence (no me matéis pero me parece un Alphas con mejor presupuesto) pero la serie luego puede ser buena. In Whedon I trust.

PD: Sí, que mi inglés patillero me impidiera enterarme de casi todos los diálogos tambien influye.

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/entert...06/13/joss-whedon-interview-avengers-2-shield

GQ: You're just back from filming S.H.I.E.L.D. How's that going?

Joss Whedon: Yeah… hectic is an understatement. I was in Paris finishing shooting the S.H.I.E.L.D pilot, edited the entire thing, sent it to the network, and then came here. So basically I'm a wreck.

It sounds like GQ on deadline.

It's always deadline. Those of us who write spend our entire lives in an endless English class. I'm very excited about it. It felt very natural and right. Then I was like, "what the hell am I doing? I don't have time to do this!" That didn't feel so natural and right. But the idea of it seems to work perfectly - for Marvel, for ABC, for me. It's a really interesting note in the Marvel orchestra: it's not the end of the world, it's the middle of it.

How does that fit into the Avengers continuum - it runs parallel to the films?

Yes. It basically opens with the idea that since The Avengers things have changed. Now everybody knows that there are gods and monsters, and what is the world like? It's about being the people who aren't super and what it is like for them. There will be people with powers and there will be exciting otherworldly mysteries and all that good stuff, but it's all in the service of finding the humanity of the thing. And [Agent] Coulson was that in the movies; he was the voice of us, the one who says, "I don't know what's going on - these guys are super, they're from this other place… but we're dealing with it."

Clark Gregg, who plays Agent Coulsen in The Avengers and is also in Much Ado, is the star?

Oh yes. He is the star of the show. It was part of the genesis of it: you know what makes this tick is this guy. And then there was all the "but didn't you make him stop ticking?" But all will be revealed

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/11/shield-comic-con/

Usually not-yet-debuted TV shows struggle to generate heavy interest at Comic-Con. That won’t be a problem for Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., which probably has more buzz going into its first season than any show since AMC’s The Walking Dead. After all, it’s Marvel characters plus writer-director Joss Whedon plus a hit film — it’s almost like it was brainstormed by Comic-Con fans camping in line at Hall H last year.

So though ABC is being very secretive about their plans and the pilot itself, here’s what we’ve dug up so far about the show and next week’s panel.

1. The pilot hints at how mild-mannered kick-ass bureaucrat Agent Coulson (Clarke Gregg) was resurrected to lead the team after being killed off in The Avengers (his S.H.I.E.L.D. colleagues say he must “never know the truth” about his death). Yet you’ll have to keep watching to learn the full story. “We can’t wait to pull the curtain back on that,” says co-creator Jed Whedon. “[But] we’re going to take our time.”

2. The S.H.I.E.L.D. story will work in tandem with the Marvel films, both past and upcoming. In fact, the first episode will pick up a storyline that’s familiar from one of the Marvel hits — and it’s not The Avengers. “We plan on trying to weave in between the films and try to make them more rewarding on both ends,” says Jed Whedon, who points out the trick is to make the audience not ask a certain fanboy-bar-fight-style question: “In any of these [episodes], you can always ask: ‘Why don’t they just call Iron Man?’” Yeah, that would be annoying! So our next question is: Why don’t they just call Iron Man? “They are aware of each other,” Whedon says of the S.H.I.E.L.D. team and the metal-suited Malibu playboy, “but they do have to have their own lives.”

3. Here’s a question from the Internets that will be addressed in the pilot: Does J. August Richards play Rage? Expect that and other revelations at the Comic-Con panel, just not a ton of them. “We’ll finally be able to answer some questions,” says co-creator Maurissa Tancharoen. “Though I’m sure we’ll have to stay on the vague end of the spectrum.”

4. Which leads us to wonder: The panel is from 1:45 to 3 p.m. on Friday. Hard to imagine the Q&A going on that long — how many ways can Whedon say, “I can’t tell you that. Stop asking!” So expect some video to fill the time. Perhaps even … the pilot itself? Announced guests currently include Joss Whedon, Marvel’s head of TV Jeph Loeb and “more guests” (presumably writers and a few cast members). And speaking of the pilot…

5. S.H.I.E.L.D. won’t look like a $200 million dollar Marvel movie, but it won’t look like the infamous boat scene in Ringer, either. “When fans see this pilot, they’ll be pretty astonished by what we pulled off and the challenge is to do it every week,” Loeb says. “The magic of television is that it’s about characters, and fortunately that’s also what Marvel is also about. We’re not built around a cape and a cowl.” Oh if this blog were a comic book, you’d see a “SMACK!” on the page right now.

Una review del piloto.

http://www.craveonline.com/tv/reviews/546663-advance-review-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-1-01

During lunch at their presentation to the Television Critics Association, ABC showed the pilot to Marvel’s “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” TV series. I’m going to be incredibly vague so as to remain spoiler free, but I definitely wanted to share my thoughts, being in presumably the second audience ever to see it (after San Diego Comic-Con). I’m not even talking about characters here, except for Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg), but I can analyze the mechanics of the show.
“Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” establishes its connection to the Marvel movies in both subtle and overt ways. Overtly, we actually see glimpses of the big four in the opening, just in case anyone tuning in doesn’t know this is the world of Thor, Iron Man, Captain America and Hulk. More importantly, it establishes a world after all of the Avengers were visible in public, hence kids like to play with superhero toys now. I personally liked the company advertising on the side of a bus in the background.

A character does openly recap the ending of The Avengers. Don’t worry, it doesn’t take long, and there’s probably less talk about it here than there was in Iron Man 3. My point is they just put it out there, no dancing around it. Less overtly, there are references to some specific characters and technology from various Marvel movies, which are some nice Easter eggs for both fans and just people who watched every movie and want to be included but maybe didn’t read all the comics.

You can tell it’s a Joss Whedon script, the voices of Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen being entirely compatible. They just can’t play any of the superhero or government conspiracy moments straight. Even when they do, they follow up with an irreverent twist. They have it both ways, celebrating the genre and subverting it. By the time they reference a famous line from a non-Disney owned Marvel brand, they might be trying a little too hard. But it’s still a good line.
I hope they keep Coulson’s return ambiguous because explanations always get stupid. I was worried that the explanation given to the press was cheap, so I’m glad there’s more to it than that. But I’m even happier that they didn’t explain anymore and I hope they never do. Conventional wisdom says that using our imagination to fill in the explanation is better, but it’s not even about that. It’s that if it’s unknown, we can feel safe that it make sense beyond our comprehension. Once we comprehend, no matter how clever an explanation they come up with, it's still a Macguffin reason we don’t really need. At least the press release “faked his death to unite The Avengers” isn’t the end of the story. Like the Avengers weren’t going to stop the aliens unless they’d lost a friend. The better explanation is it was a studio order in The Avengers, and Whedon wanted to undo it.

The pilot has a big scale, with a sequence in Paris, some huge master locations and grand vehicles. There’s S.H.I.E.L.D. tech all over, which promises that new gadgets (i.e. toys) each week would be entirely possible.There may not be action this big every week, but that’s okay. The dialogue and story is fun. And I’m not talking about crashing flying military bases, but you’ll see. In terms of set pieces, settings, choreography and visual effects, it’s bigger than “Heroes,” “Arrow” or “Alias” ever were, and those are high watermark action shows.
These are not so much criticisms as observations, but every scene is a twist. They’re good twists, but I hope they settle into some scenes that are just actual scenes. It’s “The Walking Dead” syndrome where every episode has to have some major shock, a character death or betrayal, so you never get any scenes of the characters being themselves anymore. Whedon is better at this than “The Walking Dead,” and every twist could be as effective and surprising each time… but it would be exhausting. I have every expectation the week to week rhythm will be more akin to “Buffy.”

It’s also so tied into references to Captain America, Thor, The Avengers, Iron Man which is great. I love world continuity. We’d be disappointed if the pilot of “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” ignored it. But does S.H.I.E.L.D. only investigate smaller versions of powers and artifacts from the movies? Maybe. It could work. Comic books do 12 issues a year, so 22 episodes isn’t much more of a stretch. I believe they will do show-only stories too.
I’m really being the guy that you just can’t please. They gave me all of the connections to the movies and I’m wondering about standing alone. If they’d stood alone I’d complain it wasn’t referential enough. But hey, this Marvel universe is a big project. It took more than one movie to set up The Avengers and it’s going to take more than a pilot to sell “Agents of SHIELD,” but the pilot can confirm that it is worth watching every week. Whatever they do promises to be interesting, fun, funny and awesome no matter what proportion of movie tie-in and new mythology they settle on.

Nota: 8.5

marvels-agents-of-shield-poster.jpg

Menos interes aquí que con Doctor Who, eh... :cuniao

¿¿¿Más grande que Héroes o Alias??? OH MAI GOODDDDDD, ¿pero es posible? :sudor

Hombre, es evidente que ahí está hablando en términos de valores de producción, no en cuanto a calidad de la serie, que un piloto por sí sólo no es suficiente para decir si una serie va a ser mejor que otras. Independientemente de la calidad posterior de las series, los pilotos de Alias y Heroes no sólo eran buenos, sino que además hacían bastante despliegue de medios; de hecho, el piloto de Alias llamó mucho la atención en su momento, por ser uno de los primeros episodios de network en lucir look cinematográfico. Y Arrow se caracteriza por lucir un tipo de acción física que tampoco es muy habitual en televisión. Entiendo que lo que el redactor quiere decir con esa frase es que SHIELD es una serie cara, que no escatima en despliegue de medios, y que en ese sentido, posiblemente la serie marque un hito.

http://tvline.com/2013/08/11/marvels-agents-of-shield-preview-new-show-abc-fall-2013/

THE FIRST IMPRESSION |If you are at the very least up to speed on Marvel’s most recent big-screen endeavors, S.H.I.E.L.D. is fun, fun, fun, nodding at (and even picking up on…) a storyline thread or two. The pilot’s production values are excellent, while the dialogue is as playful as the action is solid (though perhaps in a way that would better trigger LOLs from a Cineplex crowd). Gregg and Ming-Na expectedly stand out amid a comparatively green ensemble; among said newbies, Bennet seems destined to “pop” while Dalton’s role could afford to be a bit more colored. Smulders helps segue the Coulson character/plant the seed for a larger mystery, though one can’t help but sense CBS is monitoring her involvement with an egg timer.

This pilot is very good, though something — I can’t put my finger on what — kept it from being ZOMG! great. Since show boss/auteur Joss Whedon has made clear this will be neither a weekly superhero hunt nor “Easter egg farm,” there is the question of how compelling or entertaining any given episode will be. But at first blush it would seem that when S.H.I.E.L.D. is firing on all cylinders, it’ll be pretty damn super.

Arriba Pie