UHD Blu-ray y HDR. Lanzamientos y ediciones

Eso muy probablemente lo harán, cuando el formato se asiente más (si es que se llega a asentar en algún momento). Pero en mi caso, la verdad es que el Pack BD+UHD me viene fenomenal porque el BD lo uso en otros equipos de la casa, o cuando me voy a la sierra, donde solo tengo reproductores de BD

Tanto es así que muchos de los UHD que tengo, probablemente no me los hubiera comprado si no vinieran en pack. De hecho, como sigo manteniendo la máxima de no comprar en UHD lo que ya tuviera en BD, (por aquello de minimizar esto del consumismo) pues prefiero pensar que lo que estoy haciendo es comprar el BD y que por 5€ más me dan además la versión en UHD.

En fin, autoconvencimientos absurdos para sentirse mejor conmigo mismo, supongo.

Un saludo

• Me gusta
Reacciones: WRC
Westworld: Season One 4K Blu-ray
westworld1.jpg

@Sonix, por si te sirve de algo, y quieres hacer tus cábalas, de un artículo de hace unos días de Scott Wilkinson en el que comenta una presentación sobre HDR10+ de Dr. Yeong-Taeg Kim, Samsung Research Center:
With 12 partners so far—mostly chip makers with some mastering- and encoding-tool makers—Samsung fully expects Hollywood studios, other streaming providers, and TV makers to support HDR10+.

HDR10+ at Samsung QLED/HDR10 Summit - AVSForum.com

Tema aparte, sigue el debate sobre si el HDR en películas antiguas es buena idea o no, sobre todo si los creadores de la obra no están.

NO:

There seems to be a misunderstanding, at least in on-line discussions, as to what HDR (High Dynamic Range) actually is...

and might not be.

It is NOT an inherent part of the 4k UHD package.

It is in no way necessary toward the enjoyment of 4k, either in the home, or elsewhere.

HDR is an option, much like ordering a different kind of leather of fabric for your new car's interior.

It's nothing new -- been around for years.

If generally NOT a part of the design of a film, with most HDR entering the picture, no pun intended, during post.

"Wouldn't look neat if those flames were Really bright orange..."

It's added the same way that 3D is added in post, to the majority of 3D productions.

It has no relevance to production photography.

It should not be included as a function for classic films, unless the filmmakers have a desire to re-visit, and create
a new version, a re-imagining.

It will not work well with most classic films, and can be problematic to those that have needed restoration based upon fade.

Want to see 2001, or Lawrence, Ben-Hur, The Godfather, The Magnificent Seven, or Elvira Madigan in 4k?

No problem.

We're ready for it, and there's no reason why those films can't be released, except those which don't fit on the
current sized discs.

And NONE of them should be released with HDR.

Every UHD release does NOT need HDR, nor should they have it.

If we can clear the airwaves of mis and dis-information regarding HDR, things would be easier.

RAH

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/a-few-words-about-™-hdr-in-4k-uhd-blu-ray.347934/

SI:

Nice try but he's talking about "classic" films being reimagined, not that HDR itself is some of scam, or possibly scam-ola. No-one ever said that it HAD to be added to every movie, as the simple facts are that UHD Blu-ray can be mastered in 1920x1080 or 3840x2160 in SDR 709, SDR 2020 or HDR 2020. Thus far we have had UHD Blu-rays with SDR 709 (examples include the IMAX documentary triple-headers from Universal, the German editions of Neon Demon, Texas Chainsaw and 187, the Italian Dawn of the Dead) and HDR 2020 (most everything else) but nothing with SDR 2020. Indeed, it appears that the grading packages and/or authoring software isn't even offering that option to the people doing the mastering right now.

But what I don't get is why does this same RAH also give praise to UHD discs which have HDR'ed a movie that was never envisioned for it, e.g. Ghostbusters and Goodfellas? For me the point is that every single one of the 35mm-finished movies I've seen in HDR - and I'd wager I've seen more than any of the naysayers in this thread - has had a very respectful high dynamic range pass. RAH always brings up the "orangey flames" (no doubt in reference to Mad Max Fury Road, itself a launch title so issues are to be expected) when he complains about HDR but I defy anyone to watch the new UHD of The Mummy (1999) and come away thinking that it's some overcooked hyper-saturated comic book of a visual presentation. Clue: It's not. Hell, Goodfellas UHD actually TONES DOWN the colour saturation versus the gaudier remastered Blu-ray, same goes for Unforgiven which has a very strong red push to the skin tones on the new Blu but looks much more balanced on the UHD.

I love RAH for the advice he's given me, and he's forgotten more about film than any of us mere mortals will ever know, but as the years have worn on he's come across as increasingly crotchety and dismissive of people who don't share his views (too much time spent with Bruce Kimmel in his ear), and he seems to be losing touch of every nuance of the digital side of the presentation. How in the hell he can't see the nasty DNR in the new Blu of American Werewolf is genuinely beyond me, so things are now taken with the requisite pinch of salt.

But let me return to that part about the "respectful" HDR grading: SDR 709 Blu-ray as it stands is simply not capable of reproducing the wider gamut of film nor the wider latitude of film. That's not to say that EVERY film will hit 100% of P3/2020 or be fully exposed to use all those stops of dynamic range, because they are shot and lit and timed to hit a very specific look. But outside of an original answer print the look is already being distorted by various means and methods - if people were to read the amazing 'Masters of Light' they'd see that many of the modern greats of cinematography were under no illusions as to what would happen to their work once they'd signed off on it - as even an SDR Blu-ray can represent something that's a massive deviation from the original e.g. Friedkin's insane brain fart that was the original pastel nightmare of a French Connection Blu-ray, and there was a round table with some cinematographers hosted by The Hollywood Reporter where the moderator asked "have any of you seen what you originally shot on the Blu-ray version?" (or something to that effect) and each and every one of them shook their heads.

So, as soon as something hits SDR Blu-ray then it's already an approximation, a 'best case' for that particular format, and the possibility of revisionism can apply to new SDR transfers where the filmmakers are no longer alive every bit as it does for new HDR reimaginings. And if those HDR passes are done with taste and restraint then you will be able to see every nuance of colour and range that was originally captured in a way that the SDR version cannot - just because it says HDR on the tin doesn't mean it's gone completely overboard with the HDR grading. The overall effect of seeing movies like Ghostbusters or GBII or Labyrinth or ID4 or Goodfellas or The Mummy or Crouching Tiger in 4K HDR is like having a private print unfold in front of me. They're dense and they're filmic and they're utterly gorgeous.

Sure, people will say "two wrongs don't make a right" and/or "well, I'm not saying that the SDR BLu-ray is perfect but what about SDR 2020?", but to be perfectly honest I regard HDR as simply another regrading in the long, long life that these movies have had and will continue to have on home video, and as long as the original materials are kept in as best condition as possible then I don't see it as some kind of definitive all-encompassing alteration to the movie. As scanning tech improved we started seeing things we were certainly not meant to see in terms of both range and detail and it takes a discerning eye and experience in order to balance those concerns of revisionism, a Pandora's box which was opened well before HDR came along. When doing the Godfather 4K restoration RAH himself oversaw the wire removal of the bullet hole make-up effect when Sterling Hayden is shot by Al Pacino, and for the Goodfellas restoration Marty Scorsese - one of the most staunch advocates of restoration & preservation there is - permitted the fixing of the number plate falling off when Lorraine Bracco drives away from De Niro fearing for her life. Small beer compared to what is perceived as an entirely 'new' look for a film but my point is that new technologies ALWAYS present these kinds of conundrums, conundrums which even the great and the good are happy to indulge in to a point....until they find something they don't like.

From where I'm sitting 4K HDR gets me closer to the original intent, not further from it. YMMV.

Old* films in HDR

Última edición:
Interesante melón el que acabas de abrir, Sierra.

Yo sinceramente, estoy más con el SI que con el NO, pero con PEROS. Es decir, si se escanea convenientemente el positivo de esos films antiguos y sobre todo, si hay la suerte de poder revelar de nuevo los originales de los negativos en buenas condiciones, se podrían generar versiones muy mejoradas de esas películas. SIEMPRE Y CUANDO se respete la intención original.

Es decir, cometer el gran error de retocar el color par adecuarlos a "tiempos actuales" para mí es un error. Porque nuestro tiempo actual es éste y puede que dentro de 50 años los looks sean mucho más diferentes (ni mejores ni peores...diferentes). Al igual que los looks de hace 60 años eran como eran.

Pero por desgracia, creo que veremos "versiones personales" de la distribuidora de turno de clásicos que harán que el director de fotografía se levante de su tumba. No entro en el dilema de "es mejor o más bonito o más feo", sino que se está alterando EL ALMA de esa película. Espero que no llegue el caso pero como digo...creo que veremos alguno.

Creo que muchos confunden el HDR con tener millones de colores extra, una paleta de color diferente y todo como si fuese el arcoiris. No es así en absoluto. Puedes tener tonos sombríos, puedes tener colores intensos, puedes incluso prescindir de highlights intensos y centrarte en ofrecer más latitud en general, más riqueza en los tonos más sombríos...al final, es tener más espacio para poder ofrecer más calidad.

Por eso entiendo a los detractores, porque su miedo está justificado. ¿Sería Ben Hur una "mejor película" si fuese en HDR?. NO. Pero quizás sería LA VERSIÓN que sí quiso tener el director de fotografía, lo que veía en el set, y que por limitaciones tecnológicas de la época, no pudo reproducir.

Hay una lista de lanzamientos filtrada que afirma que también está trabajando en Interstellar y Origen. Ganazas.

Ya tenemos lío.

Disney España ha dado los detalles de lanzamiento de Guardianes y ni rastro de la edición 4K.

Todo sobre Guardianes de la Galaxia Vol. 2 en Blu-ray, 3D y Steelbook

Mientras que en EEUU, Francia, Alemania y UK ya está confirmada y en pre order...

Y esta es la nota de prensa oficial de la edición americana para el 22 de agosto.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 marks the Studio's first in-home title to release in stunning 4K Blu-ray format, providing consumers with the ultimate home entertainment experience with next-generation high dynamic range visuals and Dolby Atmos immersive audio. 4K Blu-ray provides four times sharper resolution of HD with exceptional HDR which produces brighter brights, deeper blacks and richer colors than ever before. The galaxy has never looked so good!

Delivering the ultimate in-home experience is the Ultimate Cinematic Universe Edition (which includes a collectible poster while supplies last) comes packaged to include a 4K Blu-ray version of the film, a Blu-ray, a Digital Copy and more than 80-minutes of exclusive, never-before-seen bonus materials. Bonus will take fans behind the scenes with the movie's diverse, dynamic cast of misfits and inspired team of filmmakers, debut an all-new original music video starring David Hasselhoff and special guests, hilarious outtakes, deleted scenes, audio commentary by director James Gunn, and more.

Set to the all-new sonic backdrop of Awesome Mixtape #2, the film's storyline continues the team's adventures as they traverse the outer reaches of the cosmos. The Guardians (Chris Pratt as Peter Quill/Star-Lord, Zoe Saldana as Gamora, Dave Bautista as Drax, Vin Diesel as the voice of Groot, and Bradley Cooper as Rocket) must fight to keep their newfound family together as they unravel the mystery of Peter Quill's true parentage. Old foes become new allies and fan-favorite characters from the classic comics will come to our heroes' aid as the Marvel Cinematic Universe continues to expand.

SPECIAL FEATURES AND TECHNICAL SPECS (may vary by retailer):

The Making of "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" – A four-part, behind-the-scenes look at the making of the film, done in the style of classic-rock album liner notes.

Visionary Intro – Director James Gunn provides context on how he continues and expands the storylines of these beloved characters in "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2."

Guardians Inferno Music Video – Join David Hasselhoff and special guests for a galactic retro dance party.

Gag Reel – Laugh out loud at all the hilarious off-script shenanigans and bloopers that took place on the set of "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2," featuring all your favorite Guardians.

Four Deleted Scenes – Check out four specific scenes that had to be cut from the film, including two extended scenes and two deleted scenes.

Audio Commentary – Check out a special narration of the film by director James Gunn, who guides fans through an inside look at the making of the movie.

4K BLU-RAY TECHNICAL SPECS:

Audio: 4K UHD Blu-ray = English Dolby Atmos, English/Spanish 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, French 5.1 Dolby Digital

Subtitles: Physical: English SDH, French & Spanish

Quinto disco UHD pirateado:

Disc Title: THE HUNTSMAN: WINTER'S WAR
Disc Size: 63,047,977,531 bytes
Protection: AACS2
BD-Java: Yes
Playlist: 00014.MPLS
Size: 53,126,731,776 bytes
Length: 1:53:57.538
Total Bitrate: 62.16 Mbps
Video: MPEG-H HEVC Video / 284152 kbps / 2160p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / Main 10 Profile 5.1 High / 4:2:0 / 10 bits / HDR / BT.2020 /
Audio: English / DTS:X/DTS-HD Master Audio / 7.1-X / 48 kHz / 19796 kbps / 24-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 24-bit)
Audio: English / DTS Audio / 2.0 / 48 kHz / 384 kbps / 24-bit
Audio: Spanish / DTS Audio / 5.1 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 24-bit
Audio: French / DTS Audio / 5.1 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 24-bit
Audio: English / Dolby Digital Audio / 2.0 / 48 kHz / 192 kbps / Dolby Surround
Subtitle: English / 162.738 kbps
Subtitle: Spanish / 19.096 kbps
Subtitle: French / 19.675 kbps
Subtitle: Spanish / 63.123 kbps
Subtitle: French / 25.324 kbps

• Me gusta
Reacciones: LTD
¿Dónde puedo descargarmelo?
Sigo aún sin tener un reproductor 4K y me gustaria poder ver algo con calidad 4K y HDR10 sin tener que recurrir a Youtube.

Normalmente esto sale pirmero en webs de torrents de registro complicado como Ultrahd club... No estoy muy puesto en el tema.

Buenos días amigos, quiero realizaros una consulta que aunque no pertenezca a este hilo, si lo deseais me podeis solventar, o moverla a otro hilo.
Es sobre la tecnologia 3d
Cuando en su día salió avatar que como sabeis tuvo la exclusiva de la pelicula Panasonic con la Vt20 y sus recien estrenados Reproductores 3d, esa tecnologia venia en gafas 3d activas.
Lg utiliza gafas pasivas
Sony usa gafas activas
Samsung tambien activas.
En los oled de Lg no lo tengo claro si son activas o pasivas.
Cuando en años posteriores Panasonic empezo a vender las led como wt50 en adelante, cambio a gafas pasivas, en cambio en los modelos de 2014 usan tanto gafas activas como pasivas segun modelo de tv.
Por lo que veo o intuyo tiene que ver que el panel sea ips o va para esa eleccion de gafa activa o pasiva?
Como funciona en los oled? porque en los plasma si eran activas, pero en los oled como son?
Si teneis la amabilidad de aclararme esas dudas os lo agradeceria.
Y por mucho que digan que el 3d ha muerto, yo creo que cuando estrenen avatar 2 y siguientes lo volverán a relanzar.

Volviendo al tema de lanzamientos uhd, vista anoche la momia 1 en uhd hdr, escenas muy interesantes pero otras no tan conseguidas.
Pero me gusto la experiencia, hoy seguiremnos con la 2 y veré tambien el renacido en uhd hdr, que aunque no me gusta esa peli, es tan solo para ver la experiencia y los escenarios con el hdr.
Muchas gracias y saludos a todos.

Una cosa mas, alguien sabe porque desde el pc tanto con internet explorer, edge, chrome, opera, no tengo acceso a esta web?
Desde la tablet accedo sin problemas con google chrome. Pero con el pc no me deja entrar. He podido acceder con firefox de mozzilla, es que para escribir es mas comodo el teclado fisico del ordenador, cuando posteo allgo desde la tablet, luego me toca editar pues el corrector hace cosas raras.
Saludos

Buenos días amigos, quiero realizaros una consulta que aunque no pertenezca a este hilo, si lo deseais me podeis solventar, o moverla a otro hilo.
Es sobre la tecnologia 3d
Cuando en su día salió avatar que como sabeis tuvo la exclusiva de la pelicula Panasonic con la Vt20 y sus recien estrenados Reproductores 3d, esa tecnologia venia en gafas 3d activas.
Lg utiliza gafas pasivas
Sony usa gafas activas
Samsung tambien activas.
En los oled de Lg no lo tengo claro si son activas o pasivas.
Cuando en años posteriores Panasonic empezo a vender las led como wt50 en adelante, cambio a gafas pasivas, en cambio en los modelos de 2014 usan tanto gafas activas como pasivas segun modelo de tv.
Por lo que veo o intuyo tiene que ver que el panel sea ips o va para esa eleccion de gafa activa o pasiva?
Como funciona en los oled? porque en los plasma si eran activas, pero en los oled como son?
Si teneis la amabilidad de aclararme esas dudas os lo agradeceria.
Y por mucho que digan que el 3d ha muerto, yo creo que cuando estrenen avatar 2 y siguientes lo volverán a relanzar.

Volviendo al tema de lanzamientos uhd, vista anoche la momia 1 en uhd hdr, escenas muy interesantes pero otras no tan conseguidas.
Pero me gusto la experiencia, hoy seguiremnos con la 2 y veré tambien el renacido en uhd hdr, que aunque no me gusta esa peli, es tan solo para ver la experiencia y los escenarios con el hdr.
Muchas gracias y saludos a todos.
Yo vi la trilogia, y está bastante bien, como tu bien dices va según escenas.......y ayer vi Soy leyenda y es cojonuda.

La edición europea prevista aparentemente parece que sólo llevará alemán, inglés y francés, así que aquí ni la oleremos.

¿Has leído algo sobre la implicación de Cameron en la edición? Porque a mí me huele a edición europea sin el trabajo y esfuerzo que merece T2.

Arriba Pie